UltraNav Middle Click Button & Scroll

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MidnightSun, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adante

adante Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if this is the same as what you're talking about, but the UltraNav on my T520 has an option for scrolling type 'auto-select'.

For me it doesn't do what is desired in the OP of this thread.

If I set the scrolling type to smooth, and the functionality to scrolling, it just acts like a middle click. For programs like chrome and firefox this is manageable as they bring up the scroller. For programs like notepad, it does nothing (it cannot scroll).

2. Pintu

Pintu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    adante is correct. With the settings suggested, the X220 behaves like laptops bevor: middle click is then just the "normal" middle click, which in browsers triggers "smooth scrolling".

3. ajjy

ajjy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've since realised that this "auto-select" mode only really works in Internet Explorer. There it allows opening closing tabs with middle click and the normal trackpoint style scrolling. Anyway its a moot point because no one really uses IE.

I will give this script a go.

4. jonathanysp

jonathanysp Newbie

Reputations:
    Just wondering, apart from changing the scroll wheel lines from regedit/control panel, how can i change the sensitivity in the script?

5. snajk

snajk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, this script is great. However, since I updated a bunch of Lenovo programs this morning (including the navpoint software) it stopped working. It still works with a mouse or if I hold the middlebutton and use one finger on the touchpad, but not while using the touchpoint. I can't see how it's any different but somehow it is. Any suggestions would be appriciated, thanks.

6. aznguyphan

aznguyphan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  7. hyetou

hyetou Newbie

Reputations:
    I have discovered a better solution for this, and it's very simple. A little program called Marble Mouse Scroll Wheel. It's somewhat difficult to find as the original page is down, but you can get it here: Casey Tech: Download Marble Mouse Scroll Wheel Here!. Just install it and set the scroll button to Middle (Button 3).

This problem has bothered me since I first got my Thinkpad. I looked everywhere and tried the script mentioned in this thread but never really found what I was looking for, until today. This program achieves a scroll very much like the UltraNav's, including the ability to scroll windows that are behind other windows without changing focus, and it allows you to use the middle click as normal. :D

*edit*
    I forgot to say, you should uninstall the UltraNav drivers first, this program works with the generic Windows drivers.

8. Pintu

Reputations:
    Good find. But uninstalling UltraNav drivers is not really necessary. You might still want to use some touchpad features.

9. erikgoranzon

erikgoranzon Newbie

Reputations:
    The middle button doesnt work for me. scrolling works fine. Do I need to go into ultranav settings and do something there to make the middle button thing work?

10. Pintu

Reputations:
    Why don't you try Marble Mouse Wheel as hyetou suggested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.