UltraNav Middle Click Button & Scroll

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MidnightSun, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john liu

john liu Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks.the msscroll.exe does well , but it has a little bug. when midbtn focused on a new window , it still move the old window's scollbar. when changing window, it should first switch focus then to scroll, I think that is better. how about you ,thanks again.

2. aznguyphan

aznguyphan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've noticed that...and...well that's it xD, I have no idea how to interact with windows that are not the focused window.

I know the Lenovo's drivers are able to do it, but hey...that's why we pay them isn't it =P.

Now, if you want to edit the script so that it middle clicks first and then scrolls when you hold it down, that'll change the focus for you. But this will cause accidental link clicks when you're scrolling a web page. I don't know how to change a focus window without a click of some sort.

3. aperture science

aperture science Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    copy this into notepad, rename it to ahk, then put it in startup?

4. aznguyphan

aznguyphan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, if you want to play with the code. Otherwise just download MScroll.exe

Make sure to do the registry edit to number of lines per scroll

5. hyetou

hyetou Newbie

Reputations:
    Old thread, but I wanted to say thank you so much aznguyphan. Your script works great. I like it better than the other solution I found, which is to use Marble Mouse Scroll Wheel. It sets up similarly to your script (set the trackpoint settings to neither), and it probably acts more like the trackpoint's standard scroll, but yours has a better feel and it works smoother on more programs (I've noticed Pidgin and Winamp).

Also I would like to add that you don't need to edit the registry, you can change the number of lines it scrolls in Window's control panel under mouse.

Now if only we could figure out how to scroll whichever window the cursor is hovering over, regardless of focus, then it would be perfect. :D

6. WAYNENUMM

WAYNENUMM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have been searching for a way to get essentially "trackpoint scrolling = standard" funtionality, but with middle clicking functionality. I don't quite understand everything about MScroll.exe, but I downloaded it and ran it, and I set the trackpoint to neither, and I seem to now have what I want.

Awesome! Thanks aznguyphan!

7. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is great! IMHO Lenovo should pay you guys and incorporate this into all of the current Thinkpads. Whomever coded this should know that the Thinkpad community is very grateful!

8. Pintu

Pintu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This Script is amazing! Sorry for the old bump, but could you please clarify how to change the sensitivity? I don't understand the two lines you commented, but I want to decrease the sensitivity for vertical scrolling.

9. adante

adante Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Howdy. Thanks. I have been looking for this for years. I was going to say I didn't realise it would be as simple as an AutoHotkey script, but then also realisd that script does not look that simple :)

edit: Also if you have paypal want some beer money then pm me your paypal id :)

10. ajjy

ajjy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure if anyone still cares but for future reference:

The UltraNav that came with my x220 has a scrolling type "Auto-select" under trackpoint settings which seems to accomplish what we're after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.