Ultra Male's recommended method to install Avast Antivirus

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Ultra Male, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    The reason I like Avast is because it is one of the lightest AVs out there (only if setup correctly) and gives me the option to do a custom install and only select the components that I need which other AVs don't.

See for me personally, all I need is a good ad blocker and a powerful file scanner. I don't want anything interfering with my internet connections which sometimes causes issues either with not being able to access some legit sites or my VPN app.

I used to like NOD32 for how light it is but its HTTP scanner makes my VPN (ExpressVPN) not connect all the time and makes it slow. If I disable the HTTP scanner in NOD32, the ESET icon turns amber which messes with my OCD because I associate an amber color of the AV icon that there is a problem.

Oh and I hate Internet Suites as they are usually even more bloated and I don't need a firewall other than the built in Windows firewall as I have no time to be configuring individual apps in a 3rd party firewall to allow them internet access. Internet Security suites have caused me more trouble than what they're worth.

Anyhow, let the images speak for themselves:

Download Avast Antivirus Free

Download Avast Antivirus Pro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wow, so many options to disable. I now feel why the PC slowed down because all components were installed. I unchecked only telemetry things.

Ultra Male and AHMED KARAM like this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Does Avast have the same licensing policy as ESET where a key from a previous version will work on whatever is current?

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Same, you buy any old license and it will work on the current builds. Most AVs don't have a restriction in terms of the version of the app you are using. Programs do that like for example, Nero 2018 won't work to activate Nero 2019.