UL80v information

Discussion in 'Asus' started by sighie, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clockworkchase

clockworkchase Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got her in and she's a beauty.

I'll put some things up later tonight or tomorrow.

Here are some quick bits of info so far:
    1. Thin and light...i'm in love.
    2. Sound quality is far more than what i was expecting.
    3. The switch from integrated to discreet is smooth with a half second blank screen. Quick and painless, i'm hoping it stays that way.
    4. I love the keyboard, solid and the keys aren't too firm.

To be continued...

2. JCMS

JCMS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

I saw a 3300 in 3dmark06 (probably 1280x720). My C90S gets arround 3500 for instance. The SU7300 is far more powerful than I thought. It's smilar to the T6xxx

3. leeivan86

leeivan86 Newbie

Reputations:
    You mentioned that you ordered from amazon and chose one day shipping a few post back. I did that too and was supposed to get it by the 23rd but up till now it says that the item is still in preorder stages and they do not have any in stock.

How did you get yours so fast? I am crossing my fingers that I can at least get mine by next week.

4. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    3dmark06 score with the 210? Do we know if the 210M works along side the 4500M when it processing the graphics? (Like in the MBP with 9600M and 9400M working together for a little performance boost to the 9600..)

Could we get a Crysis benchmark as well?

5. kyonu

kyonu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Or even an SSD benchmark? ;D

6. rosenmi2

rosenmi2 Newbie

Reputations:
    I think Amazon really botched this one. I preordered the UL80vt as well and was very confused when I saw the change on the product page. I contacted amazon yesterday and they got back to me today

"Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding and inconvenience.

When you have placed this order we have expected to ship your package by October 26,2009 not 22,2009. But as the release date of the item is not yet confirmed, we will not be able to ship your order.

As you probably know, we rely on our suppliers and manufacturers information regarding the availability of the items.

I've checked and see that the item currently listed as "This item has not yet been released. " on our website.

However, I see that you have canceled the order.

We look forward to see you again."

It sounds like they ran out of laptops to ship out and didn't bother to stop taking preorders. I say that because someone here is reporting that they already received one from amazon. Well, I say if you want to get this laptop cancel your order from amazon and go to either Buy.com or newegg.com. I canceled my order with amazon this morning and placed an order with Buy.com and they just sent me shipping confirmation/tracking info and that it shipped with a target arrival of the 29th(I got 3-5 business day ground shipping). I ended up paying 820 something so as long as it arrives by the 29th I have no regrets canceling my amazon order.

7. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just tried ordering the UL80VT-A1 from buy.com. I went through the entire process... and then!! After I clicked to finalize the purchase (after paying through Paypal...) it said that the item suddenly wasn't available.. what the... I don't know. I'll call them tomorrow I guess.

8. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How badly does the inside plastic area get fingerprints? Does the UL80VT have a lot of keyboard flex? What do you think of the keyboard?

How well does the multi-touch 2-finger scroll functions work? I really want that to work excellently. How about the other multitouch functions?

Can you post any gaming results? I'm curious to know how powerful the 4330 is compared to the 210M?

9. embrion

embrion Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Correct my if I'm wrong but is there SILVER UL80Vt available anywhere in US?

10. GizmoSlip

GizmoSlip Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I couldn't find it anywhere, though I've seen pictures of it. I think it looks much better (IMO).