Ubisoft Divorcing Steam (Removes Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed Unity & The Crew from Steam Store)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by moviemarketing, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
  2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Meh, who wants to have two clients running in order to play a game.

3. n=1

n=1 YEAH SCIENCE!

Reputations:
    Ubiquitin indeed.

4. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Butt hurt Ubi$oft P R got my post nuked ROFL.

Prydeless and TBoneSan like this.
  5. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Mine are gone too.

I think it might be related to our use of illegal method of gaining access to the game if you know what I mean.... lol

6. Rizer

Rizer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was only a matter of time, risky since at least EA have FIFA, that will make money till the end of time, I wonder how long AssCreed has left in it? Unless Far Cry is about to become a yearly title too? Wait for them to blame piracy on poor sales, not that nobody wants to use uplay and cut off the biggest market service for PC gamers in Steam. Along with poor ports, it seems ubisoft wont be in the PC market in a few years. Good luck with that.

7. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    They are fine with people using Xbox and PS4 networks to play with their console buddies, but for whatever reason they don't want us using the only real network for PC to join co-op and PVP with steambros.

Surprising that Steam is good enough for publishers of games selling over 20 million copies like COD and Skyrim, but not good enough for Assassin's Creed and FC4?

8. Rizer

Rizer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They are simply greedy. They will soon find out that people will not jump ship to Uplay. Origin as I said has FIFA and Battlefield, probably 2 of the most popular MP games online. Nobody on PC wants to sign into multiple DRM software.
    PC gamers get treated like dirt by ubisoft. They did have a deal with MS (XB1 Xmas Creed bundle) and even screwed the PS4 game (AssCreed) up on purpose to match the rubbish XB1 version lol, this company is so fail.

I guess they don't want that PC money anymore. Sorry for anyone that's into Asscreed etc, they have made it clear, you want there games, buy XB1.

TBoneSan likes this.
  9. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Yep I couldn't give two hoots about Ubihardfail. Ill start caring when they do. I'm not interested in playing games at thier filmic framerates. What a joke.

octiceps likes this.
  10. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Do we really have to quote the relevant forum rule that has been there since forever:
    You don't like ubi removing their games from steam, I can completely understand, say that you are gonna vote with your wallet and leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.