TwoFingerScroll (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canofspam4000

canofspam4000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd love to see those features implemented, especially inertial scrolling. And now that you mention it, I see that those bugs do indeed exist. Let's hope that MacHater is still around to help you out! Thanks for taking the initiative, DoomCastle :)

2. CharlieM76

CharlieM76 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Late to the game, but is there way to disable a portion of the touchpad? like the portion over the buttons on my DM1Z? I hate having the cursor move while I'm trying to click something when I don't want to tap.

3. skypros

skypros Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes there is.... I was having the exact same problem and Thankfully Pepperdanky told me how to do it

Here is the thread:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/501683-hp-dm1z-315.html

4. little_blaine

little_blaine Newbie

Reputations:
    Fantastic! Thanks for this. Coming from a macbook pro, the touchpad on my HP dv7 was giving me fits, even with the latest synaptics drivers, until I unstalled this wonderful utility. Now I have 2 finger scrolling working like it's supposed to.

5. loren70

loren70 Newbie

Reputations:
    great utility, but horizontal scrolling doesn't work... i'm on windows7 64bit, hp dv6-3000.

6. AndrewH85

AndrewH85 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just downloaded version 1.08 and horizontal scrolling works ok for me (Win7 64 with Synaptics' features disabled) The keep scrolling on edge feature does not though.

I was directed here from a member of HPs customer service forum. 2FingerScroll is much better than the Synaptics driver. It was unbearably uncontrollable and eratic to me. I miss a few things though; Pinch zoom, and an option to remove the icon from the taskbar (OCD,it was a tough decision to leave battery and wifi next to the clock) Another small issue is I can't disable the top corners (to turn off touchpad,etc) without Synaptics software running,which buggers everything up.

I don't know why the Synaptics features have to function so poorly. They have all the nice features, but must have monkeys writing the code. I'd pay $ for the features of Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements but the quality of MacHater's 2FingerScroll

7. MacHater

MacHater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Updated to version 1.09!
    Code:
     - Added "Gestures" tab
     - Added three-finger Swipe Up feature, invokes Windows Aero Flip (inspired by Apple's Mac OS X Lion Mission Control swipe up feature)
     - Added three-finger Swipe Left/Right feature, invokes Alt+Tab (inspired by Apple's Mac OS X Lion task switch swipe left/right feature)
     - Fixed PayPal donation link
     - Added invert scrolling direction feature, inspired by the community of TabletPCReview, Smartphones, and Apple's Mac OS X Lion

[​IMG]

8. acaN

acaN Newbie

Reputations:
    Any way of getting horizontal scroll work on Win XP?
    At the same laptop under windows 7 the utility work flawlessly, but under XP there's no reaction to the horizontal movement.

9. Royal2000H

Royal2000H Newbie

Reputations:
    I've read a lot about "Reil's" touchpad app on these forums...
    Are these 2 apps similar? Is there an advantage to one over the other?

I own an HP dv6tqe by the way

10. Vipeout

Vipeout Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fantastic tool mate, thanks a lot! Using it on my Dell XPS 17, the DELL and synaptics drivers are just fubar :mad:

Two finger scrolling is behaving over sensitive though, sometimes it speeds up/down like crazy even when im just swiping slowly/lightly. Turning down speed makes the scrolling slover shortly but this "full speed scrolling" still happens after a few seconds, resulting in the page jumping down at full speed.

Do I have to uninstall the synaptics driver or do I just run yout tool along with it?
    am on win7 64 with the latest synaptics driver on a DELL. Thanks for you help, will donate fo shizzle!

Edit: Never mind, I just deactivated multigestures in synaptics and now I am simply amazed by the result :) Have a beer on me! Plus, I will spread the word, I think many are frustrated by those -poor drivers and never heard of your great tool.

Kinda lame that some guy at home has to make proper drivers for synaptics/Dell -.-

Still wondering whether to uninstall de synaptics drivers or just deactivate all the multigesture features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.