TwoFingerScroll (two finger scrolling done right! + more)

Discussion in 'HP' started by MacHater, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MacHater

MacHater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Readme:
    Download link:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-...ate-two-finger-scrolling-done-right-more.html

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. MacHater

Reputations:
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

3. Killa Joe

Killa Joe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    sounds great! So is this suppose to work on all HP laptops with touchpad? Even for the Envy line? Sorry if I sound naive about it, since I mostly plug my mouse and have the touchpad disabled. Love the mouse since it feels like I'm using a desktop, but portable! hahha best of both worlds.

By the way, I've linked this thread to users having issues with the touchpad.

KJ :cool:

4. 1k9

1k9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where do you down load the new up date?

5. reil

reil Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hey machater, if you prefer VS2010, i basically rewrote two finger scroll in VS2010 as a managed C++ app in windows forms a few months ago that you could use or develop. personally i didn't like c++ builder so i ditched it and the original two-finger-scroll project is pretty old.

its only been tested on envy 14s, but i see no reason why it wouldn't work on other multitouch synaptics clickpads or whatever they're called.

i don't want to hijack your thread so i tried to pm you but you have it disabled. let me know if you're interested.

6. MacHater

Reputations:
    If the original two-finger-scroll program worked on the Envy, this one will too.

It's basically a bug fix of the original one, and a few new tweaks on top of it.

In the first post. There's a link to my original post on the sister web site TabletPCReview, which has the download link.

I've tested on my HP TM2, which has the same kind of Clickpad/Touchpad as the Envy line, so there's no reason why it wouldn't work on an Envy.

It's important that dragging files (physical-click and drag with another finger, or double tap and drag) now works properly unlike with the original Synaptics' implementation or with the original two-finger-scroll.

The fix works for both left and right click dragging.

7. MacHater

Reputations:
    As for private messages, I'm not sure why it's disabled on here. It works on TabletPCReview.

Probably due to my low post count here.

8. Judicator

Judicator Judged and found wanting.

Reputations:
    Yes, you'll need 5 posts (and a server update) for PMs.

9. MacHater

Reputations:
    I guess that means I need one more post :p

10. MacHater

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm pushing out a new version tomorrow with an awesome new feature (popularly requested):
    [​IMG]

... You've guessed it! SMOOTH Horizontal scrolling! And now it feels... like a ... Mac. Move around a web page with horizontal and vertical scrollbars now more naturally with two fingers on the touchpad.

I'm putting some "final touches" on it, but otherwise it completely works as it is.

Need to go to bed now, tired :\

Somnio likes this.