Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. AcerTimelineHunter

AcerTimelineHunter Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nope, you'll have almost zero gain and after a long time end up installing what the laptop already came with.
    Except the software actually needed there is very little added by default, infact I have not found any...

But, I ended up removing smart manager and do not miss the function keys, but my laptop feels a lot more responsive, no pointer lockups and not touch pad disappearing (thats a weired one) once smart manager starts :/

Jo in short just remove what you don't like.

2) modify the offset
    3)can and shoud be the same as core offset
    4)Minor undervervolt to integrated GPU won't hurt, like 0.07V

bwanaaa likes this.
  2. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think I have a bad aero

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  3. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    What kinds of problem you encountered?

4. Chris Marshall

Reputations:
    I sent it back because I bought it off eBay and it was used. The heat was rediculous and the display would turn off and not come back. Gpu would not maintain any MHz. It would stay high after gaming.

5. ReignsOfPower

ReignsOfPower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've managed to find a set of RAM through my local Gigabyte distributor to match my stock set of V-color memory. Finally running a stable 32GB Dual channel setup. :)

Anyone running dual DIMMs, have you observed increased CPU temperate when running dual channel memory configuration? My CPU seems to have jumped up about 5-10c as a result of the second stick of RAM.

At the same time, I've added a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO drive and an Intel 9620 WiFi card. Everything working really well.

Ross36 likes this.
  6. Chris Marshall

Reputations:
    What SSD / nvme should I get for 500GB and reducing heat / power usage from the stock SSD?

7. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    margroloc likes this.
  8. grover_kiwi

grover_kiwi Newbie

Reputations:
    Im running dual dimms, a Crucial 2666 set and no heat issues. I also put in the Samsung 970 1TB and about to use that as my main windows location, even though it will mean more hassle when reinstalled windows.

9. grover_kiwi

grover_kiwi Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had my Aero 15W for about a month now. I'm having problems with the USB ports. I sit mine on a coolermaster cooling stand, but I have to unplug and replug in the USB numerous times for it to start working. I also am trying to use a USB C displaylink monitor. It used to work but something recently has made it stop. I dont know if it was a bios update, I have tried FB06 and FB07 (I dont have anything earlier downloaded) but it just wont work, either through the USB C port or any of the USB 3 A ports, even with drivers. It works fine on every other computer. Thorugh the USB C port it does an error, and it wont even power on via the USB A ports.
    Anyone had similar issues?

lmingll88 likes this.
  10. lmingll88

lmingll88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Same here for a different USB A problem.
    Had mine for about a month. Updated drivers and Windows but I haven't done any BIOS updates.
    For the last week, the left one doesn't work at all.. I know that it worked before because I used an Oculus Rift on the left USB 3/A with the HDMI.
    I've turned off the USB-power-save mode, reinstalled USB hub drivers.
    But the left USB/A is totally dead. Tried keyboards, USB fan, mouse, hard drive, memory stick. Nothing.

Anybody else?