Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Bhangraman

Bhangraman Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks but where can you download smart manager 7.2.9?

Color profile can be reinstalled from Smart Update as per Gigabyte support:

However, I confirm with latest 7.3.6 version even installing color profile and Gigabyte Fusion, this does not work.

2. Bhangraman

Bhangraman Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm really confused by several contradictory statements in those instructions for v8 and the fact that this is mixed with v7 unfortunately does not help. Should I install Dolby Atmo? Should I use custom profile in Dolby Atmo or use Equalizer APO? You say to boost 325Hz but in the next sentence and in the screenshot above you say you attenuated it, which is it?
    Is using Breakaway in addition or instead of the above?

Also sharing export profiles would really help too.

Note those are constructive criticisms, I really appreciate the work you do.

xDjinn likes this.
  3. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is there like a master calibration profile they are pushing out to everyone with the smart manager update ? I thought each display was calibrated after manufacturing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bhangraman

Bhangraman Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry but I don't know.I guess one way to find out would be to compare it with the one provided by the OP?

5. margroloc

margroloc Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You have to go to the gigabyte website and when you mouse over the DL link for smart manager, copy it and edit the link to point to 7.2.9 or a similar version.
    It is hard to get smart manager working again if you broke it somehow, but if you do a complete reinstall of windows it will work as long as you follow those instructions from the main post exactly.

I managed to get SM working on a clean install several times now on different aero laptops (2 v7s and 1 v8) but before I could figure it out it seemed like endless reinstalls of windows and trying different combos of doing things. Trust me, follow those directions exactly. I don't know what kind of black magic is in SM but do not deviate, and it will work.

Wipe windows. Install smart update and restart when it tells you. Install the drivers from smart update and restart when it tells you. Install all the other drivers and put the color profile in place. Installing smart manager should be the last step and restart when it tells you. That's the best chance of getting SM to open as far as I can tell.

For what it's worth I never managed to get smart manager working if I installed it first. It really seems like once you install SM - if it doesn't like your software setup for whatever reason it will never open and just 'brick' itself no matter what you do. Installing other drivers/removing and reinstalling SM doesn't do anything. At that point you must reinstall windows and try again with drivers/utilities and reinstalling SM in the correct order. If you have a better way I would like to know.

Lol. Ignore the entire section, I'm probably going to change it later.

The point was that the audio drivers in v7 and v8 models are not the same.
    For v7, gigabyte provides realtek drivers & dolby digital add on.
    For v8, gigabyte gives you realtek drives & dolby atmos add on.

Your goal is to boost the bass without clipping via equilizer. Dolby digital (v7) works OK for this and that's what my post is about. Dolby atmos (v8) just doesn't work at all.
    Breakaway AE and volume 2 are completely optional, its just more 3rd party software that you can read about on your own so ignore it.

TL;DR just ignore that entire section of the main post.

The only thing you need is equalizer APO, which is better than either of the dolby EQ tools.
    You can even just skip installing the realtek drivers completely since the microsoft stock drivers work fine.

After you install equilizer APO just go into the config tool and turn on audio processing for the speaker output, then you can start messing with the EQ.
    Or just copy my config.txt into your equilizer APO folder (program files -> xxx -> config).

That's it. Instructions can't be more simple.
    If the sound is okay to you then now is when you can install breakaway AE and/or volume2, if you want.

Attached Files:

6. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It named the same as the OP's one so I assume it is. Is there a way to peek inside that file?

7. Bhangraman

Bhangraman Newbie

Reputations:
    It worked, thanks! I chose to "Reset this PC" choosing to "Keep my files", didn't install anything except xwrite_tool.exe (downloaded previously from Smart Update) to install the colour profile, then I installed Smart Manager 7.2.9, rebooted when prompted and it launched straight up. I then installed the latest version 7.3.6, rebooted when prompted and it was launched at the next restart :)

8. xDjinn

xDjinn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey I just noticed that the application

"smart Update"

if you go to Apps at the bottom right of the list it says "pantone calibration tool" try to run that maybe it would load your machines profile?

HV5 likes this.
  9. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @margroloc Maybe you want to add this to the front page

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    margroloc likes this.
  10. Darksideneo

Darksideneo Newbie

Reputations: