Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. DanielLong

DanielLong Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man, I have the same behavior on an Aero 15W with GTX1060. Therefore and also in order to improve battery life I set up the Control Center to use Performance mode when plugged in and use Power Saver mode when on battery. I also set the fan mode to quiet when I am on battery. This way the notebook is totally silent while browsing or watching movies. In my opinion the lower CPU (and be careful, usually lower WLAN) performance is not a limiting factor for such easy tasks.
    What you could also try is to use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and set the CPU TDP to 15-25W. As far as I know in quiet mode the CPU is anyway limited to 15W, but you can also play around manually. I often benefit from this setting when I play less demanding games and don't want to generate that much heat in Performance mode.

2. DanielLong

DanielLong Newbie

Reputations:
    I had almost the same issue: I used a decent quality USB3 hub for my mouse and keyboard and cooling pad. Only in Firefox I experienced the same freezing of the screen and sometimes my keyboard behaved like it would have been stuck in (i.e. asdddddddddd). However, for me the problem never happened in any other application, only in Firefox as I can remember. I have removed the hub which solved the issue in 90%, rarely I still have mouse freeze after clicking on a link.
    I will try to collect a USB-C hub as well and test it, would be great to have a solution.