Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just had someone with a 15W v8 successfully patch.

2. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So you think it's worth it?

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It depends what your goals are. I really wanted an undervolt from the bios, plus it's cool to see what else there is to do. If you're not into bios modding or taking the risk of bricking your system, it's probably not worth it...

4. custom90gt

Reputations:
    A quick update, I've had to unplug the CMOS battery to reset the bios after it didn't like my attempt to OC the ram. Just an FYI in case you are messing around and your Aero15 no longer boots...

5. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I also suggest using software to test CPU undervolting to check system stability before doing it in the BIOS.

If you're going to be a little more experimental with settings it may be worth getting an EEPROM programmer so you can easily make a backup to restore the BIOS if necessary.

Incidentally how hard is it to access the CMOS battery in the Aero 15?

custom90gt likes this.
  6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Good call on testing the undervolt via throttle stop or something first, I just copied my stable settings from TS to the bios.

I do have an EEPROM programmer, otherwise I probably wouldn't have messed with editing the bios, lol.

Accessing the CMOS battery is super easy. Just take the back cover off, unplug the system battery, and then right near that area is another plug with two wires (red and black I think) and that's the CMOS battery.

headkaze likes this.
  7. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is no jumper for disconnecting the battery / clearing the CMOS I guess.^^

8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Sadly not that I know of, nor key-combination. It would be nice to know though.

9. droidfury

droidfury Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have encountered a problem with my keyboard lighting and I have hope to fix it by resetting my machine.
    However that resulted to another problem. My battery capacity is now down to 3.5 hours while it was 6.5 hours previously. I don't know what setting I have set that makes this like this. I have tried to update the bios using
    the smart update app but the issue is still there. I also tried to uninstall smart manager, smart update and even
    the RGB fusion app but my battery capacity is still 3.5 hours. I have tried the solution suggested here in this forum but I still does not work. I hope some can help me.

Sorry for re-posting this here. But I have no one is answering me in the other threads. I have done every solution that were suggested in this forum but the problem still persist. My keyboard problem still persist but now the issue with the battery causes more problem to me.

I hope I you can help me.

10. dlinfiniti

dlinfiniti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    what was the problem with your ram? Are you trying to run a sodimm at 3000mhz?
    I managed to similarly unlock my bios (Aero15 OLED XA) but I have yet to buy an upgraded stick of ram yet, was it just plain not letting you do it?