Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. jr_ldn

jr_ldn Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone please tell me if the Aero 15W V8-CF1 still has those issued nowadays ( April 2019 ) ?

And also if Gigabyte and Windows has effective updates that solves the drivers issues?

My machine's delivery is schedule for tomorrow, It will be great if you can please advise me with a initial setup to get things working smoothly with a Samsung EVO 970 Plus upgrade or if i just return it upon arrival.

Many thanks in advance.

2. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wanted to do a clean install of mine in the next month or 2 (v8), and saw contr center seemed to work. So you're saying a recent control center update caused it to stop working with v8s? Wonder if the older version would still work. Annoying that v8s, less than a year old aren't getting this.

3. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Control Center 19.02.23.01 seems to work on the v8 but not 19.03.30.02. Launching the latter will result in it exiting immediately.

4. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think they do it just to prevent people using it on the v8 or earlier. Not going to buy another gigabyte laptop because of its lack of support. Is just a year old yet seems like there are no more support already

5. artcorve

artcorve Newbie

Reputations:
    Just got mine today. I am really happy with it, but really unhappy with the fan noise. I read the posts, from what I see, I have to reduce the voltage. Could you guys confirm this to a noob? Like step by step to reduce the noise? Thanks!

6. jrmtz85

jrmtz85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Interesting. nd so this replaces both smart manage and RGB Fusion? or just smart manager?

7. michel40

michel40 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    In the event viewer, I got 2 warnings on every starts : event 219
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\GBT0005\1
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\5&15d725f4&0.

Apparently it's realted to airplane mode and adaptive light sensor

I tryed to reinstall drivers...

8. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did someone try to use ControlCenter v19.04.02.01 on Aero 15x v8?

9. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The new smartUpdate for gen 8 seems to link driver from gen 9 right now (at least for Nvidia Driver). Testing april 14 driver for Nvidia and finger crossed the bsod is more stable.

update: Still bsod

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  10. yesplz

yesplz Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone upload or point me to a LGD05C0 icm color profile?

The awful Transcend SSD died within 3 months of use. My system hung and glitched at times. It was usable, but annoying. Finally Windows got into a reboot cycle that I couldn't fix. Eventually the SSD stopped registering at all in the BIOS.

I replaced it with a 970 EVO plus. The system feels WAY better. An incredible difference. Installing it was annoying, as the cheap screw for the 2nd SSD bay stripped very easily. Very easy otherwise, my first time opening a laptop.

Anyhow, the color profile is on the SSD that is now dead, and I'm not sure if it will ever boot again. I found the LGD color profile online somewhere before, but I'm not sure where. So please point me to it or upload it if you can.