Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Ollie222

Ollie222 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It sounds like a keycap or hinge issue however I'd suggest with the keycap removed carefully tighterning the metal clips that hold the white hinge i place. If memory serves me correctly the top ones need to be pushed towards the screen and the bottom ones away from the screen.

You don't need much force to change how the keys works and while I was playing with my keyboard looking at why the keys don't register I noticed if they were loose the key cap could come off easily.

When you put the keycap back into place you should be able to feel the top corners click back on.

2. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I noticed that there is an update for Smart Manager 18.0.3.4 on the download page but it's not showing up in Smart Update.
    SmartManager.png Aero15XV8Download.png

Also I notice the new Aero 15-X9 has a new GIGABYTE Control Center. Are Aero 15X-V8 users going to get this new version?
    Gigabyte_Aero_15_X9_CC1.jpg Gigabyte_Aero_15_X9_CC2.jpg Gigabyte_Aero_15_X9_CC3.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  3. abang81

abang81 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone I also both the second ram g.skill rippjaw which was recommended from gigabyte, and first impression was same like everyone here neverendless bootloop . I don't disconnect battery for first time whenbtrybto set g.skill in but the second to run out from neverendless bootloop I disconnect battery. I have originally V Color 16 GB stick, but I don't know it until I both g.skill . So for the second time I disconnect battery, remove V color ram and putting it it's place g.skill and laptop start, but go direct to bios and set the default settings. Laptop starts on g.skill. so then in another slot close to battery I add V color and laptop starts and went to bios to set default setting again.
    Laptop working and recognizing dual channel 32 GB ram. So that's good.
    This what help in my case. Now g.skill. stay on slot where previously was v color and v color sit on the slot near battery.
    All function.
    Two different ram producent but all function.

4. JC1987

JC1987 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. headkaze

Reputations:
    I noticed another Gigabyte 15X v8 update (Gigabyte Fusion 4.4.0) not showing up in Smart Update. So it looks like Gigabyte have given up on supporting their last gen machines already.

So anyway I decided to uninstall Fusion and Smart Manager and install the Aero15-X9's Control Center (direct link) on my 15X v8 and it appears to work great (I also read that a v7 user on here mentioned that it works for him too). Only issue for v7/v8 hardware appears to be the battery status showing "Recommended replace". Apart from that everything works such as fan control and the Fusion software is built-in.

Since they do not seem to be pushing updates to Smart Update I'm uninstalling that too and will be checking the Gigabyte website for updates instead.

6. Ollie222

Ollie222 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    While older equipment may not be their main priority, I note that the Fusion 4.4.0 and the new Smart Manager now show up under smart update.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  7. Coolguy74

Coolguy74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone bought aero w9 with rtx 2060?
    It's more cheaper than the aero v8 (gtx 1070).
    Which one i must consider?

8. Coolguy74

Coolguy74 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No one?

9. kosada

kosada Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Is there any / same issue with the new model X9 RTX 2060 / 2070?

I want to buy but after reading this I am scared and thinking to go MSI GS65 RTX 2060 / 2070

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

10. headkaze

Reputations:
    Yeah the latest version of Control Center no longer works on the v8 so I've rolled back to using Fusion / Smart Manager.