Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Ollie222

Ollie222 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    First off I'd like to say thanks for putting together such a brilliant thread.

I've just got an Aero 15X FHD and have gone through the list of recommended changes and they explain a lot and make things easier and better.

Regarding memory I note the Kingston Hyper X seems well recommended and people have had good success with it. Does anyone know if just one stick of it can be added to go with the original V-Color stick of ram? I appreciate it'll only run at the slower clock speeds.

On the note of speeds, in the real world is there much difference between ram speeds when using a pair of standard or the Kingston Hyper X sticks?

2. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

If you want to use your v-Color with an other Brand, Buy crucial 2666 CL19. Otherwise your sticks run at 2400mhz.

And yes, in real World, while gaming you loose some fps... There are YouTube vids which compare 2400 vs 2666 and Also compare CL19 vs CL14. You May loose about 15% Performance.

3. oiram21

oiram21 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yesterday i did an win10 update (don´t really know which exactly). And today i installed the new nvidia driver 417.01. And now the mouse freezes seems to be history..

4. Ollie222

Ollie222 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info, most helpful. I had a look around and as you say it can make quite a difference to the fps of some games.

My use is mostly to hold large amounts of data and stop them having to go to swap memory so probably not such as issue performance wise but unless I find a cheap matching compatible sodimm like the Crucial you mention then I'll probably get a pair of the Hyper X.

5. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would go for memory pair, Intel new processor seems quite picky with memory.
    Is it from Gigabyte update or Nvidia official website? I wish it solved the BSOD too.

6. KamilK

KamilK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello

Today finally I got my aero 15x from HID evolution with LM on it. Install all drivers via smart updater run undervolt with throttle stoop as well. I done stability test on Aida 64 and noticed my cpu can't get any higher then 3.49 GHz any idea?

Also when I run balance mode via smart manager or Windows battery option my close is capped at 1.89 GHz and don't want to move any higher.

My temps are 62 GPU and no more then 72 on cpu.

7. Christopher Gonzalez

Christopher Gonzalez Newbie

Reputations:
    New to the forums and I recently purchased the Gigabyte Aero 15w-v8. For the most part the laptop has been fine, however I started having a minor issue yesterday:

Most of the time when I boot the laptop it loads into the BIOS automatically and even pressing different F keys at the BIOS splash screen did nothing. And in the BIOS the m.2 drive that came with the laptop is visible and is selected as the only boot drive.

However, when I get into BIOS, if I hit the "esc" key and chose to not save changes, the laptop boots into windows normally. But I have to do this every time it boots into the BIOS.

Any ideas or tips to try to resolve this? It happened with the stock drivers/BIOS, and even after updating BIOS to FB08 I still get the same issue.

8. oncdoc

oncdoc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a whine / buzzing only when plugged in as well.

Why? What about you guys? It is it just us two?

Normal?

Just got my laptop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it normal that the screen brightness can't be altered by using FN F3 or F4 ?

I can adjust sound but not the brightness.

Already tried adjusting in smatmanager 18.0.2.8 from auto to manual but no change.

10. steakikan

steakikan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sometimes it does happen, just restart smartmanager or GigabyteFusion