Tuning the Aero 15-w/x/v7/v8 - Common problems & solutions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by margroloc, Apr 27, 2018.

1. manefraim

manefraim Newbie

Reputations:

This just happened to me today. Exactly as you describe.

lmingll88 likes this.
  2. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Installed the new nvidia drivers and new bios that were just released, and noticed that the notebook now starts with a yellow tinted screen when booting.

Once booted, all goes brigth white again, as if some colour profiles is delayed loading.

Anybody else notice this, or even has a fix for me?

3. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try to re-install the Intel HD driver to see if it works

4. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The new Aero 15w Version from Sept, come with updated keyboad layout so lighting will be much improoved. No other Troubles with Keyboard from my side, Only neagtive are Speakers that lack Volumen & Base.

5. xeo2766

xeo2766 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear all, I have been having lots of ACPI 13 error until releasing I compared against the existing setup with my clean setup and notice that even with the provided intel chipset driver one of them is not identified properly. I download via intel by searching hm370 chipset and stable has been working fine so far. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28182/?product=135101

[​IMG]

LATEST UPDATE: The ACPI still comes back occasionally. I am on the latest drivers.
    I am not sure if it's due to any hardware issue.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  6. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The version you link to is 10.1.17. In Smart Update the latest version is reported as 10.1.17695.8086. What is the full version reported by Smart Update for the one you linked to?

7. RossJ2

RossJ2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking at the Release Notes (on the linked page), the latest Intel version is 10.1.17765.8094 (Aug 24, 2018). The official Gigabyte version is from June 19, 2018.

I came across this discussion in part because I'm trying to resolve an issue where my Aero 15X (2018) keeps freezing for 5 seconds (give or take) at a time. There is a 1:1 relationship between these freezes and an ACPI 13 (EC) error. Can anyone confirm whether they also have a similar behavior? I've seen other discussions where people say 'don't worry' about this error, just ignore it. But that seems to suggest they don't have the freezing behavior.

While frozen, the mouse pointer still moves (although it doesn't change its image) and the keyboard accepts keystrokes (which appear after the freeze ends). If playing video, the sound continues but the display is frozen.

xDjinn likes this.
  8. headkaze

headkaze Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay thanks for that. I noticed you need to look at the htm version of the release notes as the txt version does not give the full version info.

9. Vlowman

Vlowman Newbie

Reputations:
    I have exactly the problem with battery life described on page 1, i.e.:

"intel cpu eating power when it should be idle (staying around 12W even though clocks are ~900MHz and no load)

Issue B is very insidious, likely related to gigabyte software. If you switch fan modes/power plan options using gigabyte smart manager with throttlestop open, you will notice package power use jump up to 12W sustained for several seconds. It should come back down to idle but may not always do so for some users. This can destroy battery life (normally the CPU only uses <3W idle).

Issue B can also arise when the nvidia GPU is toggled on or off - for a period of time afterwards you will notice the package power reading 12W. This should drop back down to normal levels after a while."

The only differences in my case being that although the package power is hovering at 12-13W, the clocks are flicking between ~900MHz and ~2080MHz (according to HWMonitor) and that more often than not the situation doesn't simply correct itself.

Like others I had assumed it to be an issue with the 1070 always being on until I discovered this thread. I do have Throttlestop applying an undervolt and I do use Smart Manager to manage my fan profiles, but I do not need to start actively using either of these to trigger the excessive CPU package power draw - it seems to kick in as soon as I startup.

Please, please can someone point me in the direction of a solution for this - it's really spoiling my enjoyment of an otherwise great laptop.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  10. xeo2766

xeo2766 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone own a aero 15x without ACPI 13 issue ? LOL

xDjinn likes this.