Trying to respond to post about upgrading screens to 1080p but it is closed

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by Wsky, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wsky

Wsky Newbie

Reputations:
    I appreciate your feedback and re-opening the thread. Thank you. Also, just pointing out why you might want to change those rules. Heck you'll be heralded as pioneers if all those forums that do this follows suit. Hoards of the silent majority, nostalgists, will be cheering quietly. After all, it's not as much for new hardware, that people seek out this forum for, as old hardware that they are trying to find information for to upgrade or repair.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Few people would take the time to post their thoughts on something like this. It's appreciated.

Most things aren't set in stone, if you would like a thread opened, just message me. You can do that now, I manually moved you into our usergroup that has messaging capability.

Charles

3. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    To be fair to @Charles P. Jefferies I also find it helpful that threads are locked.

In the most active subforums a year old post is crazy old. Most even older machine owners lounges get posts far more often than that.

We often get threads rezzed especially in the What Notebook Should I Buy section that make absolutely no sense to respond to. It causes confusion as people often (idek know how they found it) will respond to something from like 2010 to a question about a storage drive or something with a link saying advice for purchasing (i.e. some one in 2010 says I need an ssd for 100 bucks and someone links a 256GB one today).

And I do also have to say, you're much likely to get more help by just posting a new thread with your specific issue in the title. I'm more likely to notice and look at that then some post that's on page 273 of the MSI GT780s owners lounge. (Though that'll help if it's fairly active)

The new thread shows up in the new list that's easy to view on the sidebar, and I can clearly see you have a new issue. Responding to the old one will only bump it to the top of the MSI subforum so it isn't visible from the main page, and I have no idea what the new post you made is likely about, I usually assume it's just an ongoing conversation between owners unless it's a really weird model.

This thread was rezzed like yesterday when a new post would have made more sense for example as the right people to help (Mac owners) aren't going to be there: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...752vy-or-a-maxed-out-macbook-pro-2016.784375/

Just my two cents.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  4. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    Yeah, you're right. My math skills are not the problem though... just typing too fast with too many things on the go. ;)

This is a forum, a place for communicating (I don't troll - don't even really understand the term, to be truthful...). I can comment on any aspect I see fit (yours isn't the only view point).

I applaud Charles for his restraint in responding to you.

I also agree with the others here that after a year - the post is probably too old.

Especially not worth all the noise you've made about it when a simple request can reopen it as the moderators see fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.