Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's exactly how I feel. I have the tools to easily do the job, but I wouldn't want to have to go through this everytime I wanted to repaste. Plus ribbon cable connectors are so delicate. I hate even looking at them. I was replacing the screen on my psp back in the day and all was going well. . .then I break the latch on the ribbon cable for the screen. Ever since then I've always looked at them with scourn.

IKAS V likes this.
  2. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im looking heavily into choosing this laptop for my next purchase.

I typically sell my laptop just before the new gpu's come out so upgrading components and keeping the laptop a long time don't matter to me.

What does matter to me is if this is a 90 watt or 80 watt Max-q 2080. The Aero is likely 80 watt as gigabyte said in a recent CES interview. These are the lower power Max-q chips and perform even worse than a regular Max-q. I'm afraid this second generation of Max-q gpu's are taking advantage of the 2080 name and rather than offering 15% less performance are going to give 25-40% less performance. Which would mean that all those people that trashed Max-q when it first came out would be proved right.
    So with all those heatpipes it better be a 90 watt Max-Q. Also hope the keyboard is nice to use. Curious how the Gsync will be implemented while giving good battery life.

3. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    :eek:

Wow, this comes unexpected. All the performant Acer laptops from last year (A515, A517, A715, A717, Predator Helios 300, Triton 700) were easy to open and you could directly access the heatpipes.

And now this... same annoyance as the MSI GS65... bleh...

Terreos likes this.
  4. Krogshöj

Krogshöj Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am surely interested in the relative performance of a full 2060, a 2070 Max-Q and a 2080 Max-Q.

5. Alias

Alias Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Sigh.. A reversed motherboard?
    I guess I lost complete interest in this laptop with that info..

6. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah alot of us feel that way. Such an ass backwards choice on acer's part.

7. knibbler

knibbler Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    On a bright note...it does look to be very inexpensive for what it's offering. Maybe G7 level pricing

If the inverted board makes it easier to achieve that it may be a fair tradeoff for some. Maybe the (probably soon to follow) Triton 700 will be a more complete package.

8. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess that is a positive way to spin the inverted board if it ends up costing less and please refresh the Triton 700 as a 17"

9. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any news on when the triton 500 (and other RTX 20xx laptops) will start going on order on Amazon?

10. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not yet , but I would also love to know the price, with the inverted MOBO it better be cheaper than the other alternatives or I’m out.