Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. sms.moosavi

sms.moosavi Newbie

Reputations:
    I have 8750H+2060 config and my CPU consumes 12w at least even on idle. Intel XTU measures core TDP to be small enough but package TDP is always core TDP +12 thus I'm getting terrible battery life, like 2.5 hours at most and the fans are audible all the time.

I uninstalled Intel integrated GPU driver and the problem is solved although the games run like crap and looks like it can't make use of nvidia card.
    I also uninstalled nvidia driver using DDU and the problem is solved again.
    I tried Ubuntu and it recognized both graphics processors but there is no abnormally short battery life so I assume the TDP has to be normal.
    But in Windows with both drivers installed the problem still exists.

I had already updated both my main BIOS and graphics BIOS with the official Acer ones but have no idea if the problem occured before or after that. But since it's fine in Ubuntu I don't thinks it's a hardware or firmware issue. I just know that it was ok at first when I bought it.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

2. Garv Virginkar

Garv Virginkar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey this isn't related to this post, but you said in an earlier post that you had a really bad experience with razer returns. I'm returning a product and I'm having a similar experience as you. Since I'm new to the forum I can't use messages yet so is there an email or something I could message you on?

3. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They fixed the issue with the latest driver.

sms.moosavi likes this.
  4. greenadine

greenadine Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys what is your idle temperature on triton 500 with rtx2060?

5. Vecht

Vecht Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Just today I purchased the Triton 500 2080mq 32gb 1tb (2x512). I would kindly ask for your support! Should I upgrade the bios to the latest? Are there any downgrades involved e.g. locking the undervolting. In any case much appreciate any response!

Best,

Dick

6. sms.moosavi

sms.moosavi Newbie

Reputations:
    If you mean the CPU it's 40-45 °C

7. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm facing a rare but strange situation. I play the game, and then hear a beep sound that AC adapter was unplugged. And while it still plugged in, I'm playing from the battery from this moment. If I reconnect it to the laptop nothing happens, I need to reconnect it to the wall outlet. Tried different outlet, no luck. I dunno, maybe laptop sends some big request for voltage and AC adapter self-shutdowns itself? Tried to google but none of such issue happened to other users not only of Triton 500 but any other laptop. Thing happens extremely rare so I'm not on big alert, but still. Maybe I'll buy a new power supply since a need another one to have it in the office...

8. Peto Pedro

Peto Pedro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is BEST guys if you don't unplug the laptop from wall outlet and it always stays at home, just remove the battery .. As you slowly destroying it ..

9. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's a myth. And it’s very presumptuous to consider yourself smarter than the engineers of the company who developed the laptop.

10. Peto Pedro

Peto Pedro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is not the way u thinking... it is not develop laptop but manufacture..
    And to manufacture the laptop is slightly complex... The well known laptop companies such acer, asus or msi, dell , HP etc... , they HIRE completely different company to create design of the laptop ... then they design chassis and then ANOTHER company will design the motherboard layout to fit into the chassis .. then msi even has company which makes keyboard design for them.. not all laptop manuf. do this...And last and not the least another company design the battery shape ...
    So I guess am smart enough... :p