Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    https://www.sourceitstore.com/product/24-q50n1-001/

Definitely not cheap (they also raised the price $10 since my order) but worth it for me since it fixed my heating issue 100%. I had been searching for almost 2 months to find the part #, and then to find a retailer. After some serious googling I finally found the exact part #, and then it took more time to find this company that sells the part. I was a bit skeptical of the website but they listed it as 'in stock' and immediately after my order it dropped to 4 in stock. I actually ordered it from their Canadian version of the website not realizing they had a US store as well. I ordered around the holidays on Dec 19 and because of that it did take a bit of time till delivery on Jan 6. For me it was worth the price because something was definitely wrong with my heatsink. Since I purchased my 2080 Max-Q Triton from Amazon 'renewed' at $1545 out the door I had little to complain about other than the thermals being high. Luckily for me this new one works 100% as it should.

hmscott likes this.
  2. seamon

seamon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you know if we can get better speakers or something?

3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not sure about the speaker part, the thought has crossed my mind to attempt a mod of Triton 700 speakers, but not sure how well they would fit or if I could mod them in properly.

https://www.cdsparts.com/search.aspx?searchterm=all&facet=vendor:3,model:20564

This company is legit with quick shipment of Acer Triton 500 laptop parts and the prices are very fair.

4. troyan285

troyan285 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    i got the Triton 500 with the rtx2070 but have a (huge) problem. When i use the notebook with the AC the GPU fan is spinning up when the CPU gets 45°C+ and this is annoying loud. For me this doesnt make sense because the CPU fan is not spinning up. I cant really see that this would be normal because i cant really use the Laptop with the AC. Has my Triton a Hardware defect?

5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I don't see any mention of it in this thread, but in the Acer forum and throughout NBR people have been using Notebook Fan Control (NBC) to tune up their CPU and GPU fans when there is no control provided by the maker of the laptop (are there any fan control tools in Acer apps?).

I've used NBC a number of times years ago before Asus put out better fan control tools for their CPU / GPU, and some people still prefer independent tools like NBC over for example Asus's Gaming Center, and instead use Intel XTU + MSI Afterburner + NBC (or other fan control tools).

Has anyone here used NBC or another fan control tool with their Acer Triton 500? Please share the profile you used to build your profile with us. :)

Here's the source on Github:
    https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/wiki
    https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/wiki/How-to-create-a-NBFC-config
    https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc

I'm not sure how old this is but google turned up this pdf hosted here on NBR:
    Notebook Fan Control How to

There used to be a german(?) home page for NBC long ago, but I don't see it turn up in a google search, only the github hosting pages:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=notebook+fan+control+home+page

It's not difficult to configure a profile, please check out that pdf + the github site + google to make it easier for you.

Please post your NBC profile with instructions when you get it running, and after you've used it and tuned it. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  6. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm a little bit scared. I've got 7 people of 8 with black screen issues on a Russian forum. 2060-2070-2080. All with Intel Core i7-8750H and all play from Nvidia Optimus mode. I'm the only one without this thing, but I'm constantly sitting in Nvidia-only mode.

They've reinstalled drivers, updated bios, etc. Nothing helped except limiting fps to 120.

What's going on? There are so many people with such issue. Am I the only one with Intel Core i7-8750H and zero black screens?

7. greenadine

greenadine Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there, I was curious if you have any pics or vid of that operation? I wanted to repaste my Triton but the only disassembly vid of it ends before the fans/ heatsink part. How hard is it to remove them?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

8. spybyscript

spybyscript Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Black screen issue? I've had mine for -almost- a year now. There was one RMA issue where I had to send it in because the machine completely black screened, but that sounds different since they can do things like update drivers/etc. Mine ended up having a fried mobo; it was repaired and since has been completely fine.

I've run it in both g-sync and Optimus mode and haven't had any other problems with it. It's used pretty heavily too; VR, games, and software dev. I'd say other than that one early issue it's been one of the most stable notebooks I've had.

9. greenadine

greenadine Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody know the thickness of triton's 500 thermal pads?
    I wanted to do both, repaste and change the thermal pads since I'm about to open it anyways.

Talon likes this.
  10. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmscott, Talon and nightingale like this.