Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow... so the 9th gen version of the triton got released recently it has the 9750h with 1TB of storage and a full RTX 2070 but 180W power brick....... SMFH what is up with this 180w nonsense...... 1080w cant even feed a 1060 without power drain..... what is going on over there not a single 2070 laptop has anything less than a 230w

its not showing in the device manager at all? not even as a generic display adapter or anything? The driver may not be installing because there are 2 types of drivers fro Nvidia, stadardard and DCH if the standard is not installing than download DDU clean out the nvidia and install the DCH version of the current driver that should work.

2. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is correct. I can send it back to Amazon but I only paid 999 for it on prime day which I think is a great deal. If I send it back for repairs, it may get fixed and be fine. I have until August 21 to send it back to Amazon, so maybe I can send it to Acer and see if they fix it then send it back to amazon. That could be a good move.

Not showing up at all, not even generic. I did the full deletion of the drivers, restarted, etc... nothing. Even with wrong drivers it should be showing up. That is why I think the hardware failed.

3. nxh

nxh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I finished repasting my Triton but for the screw to the top left of the GPU I was only able to rotate only a quarter of the way compared to the rest of the screws, Is this normal?

for anyone interested, running Unigine Engine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 default extreme benchmark for 30 mins my max CPU temp was 99, GPU 81,
    and after repaste using Artic MX-4 my max CPU temp was 91, GPU 79

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019
  4. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can't get good battry life. Triton 500 (2080). So on g-sync \ Nvidia-only mode, i've got 2,5 hours of battery life. When i switch to Optimus and have only igpu enabled I'm getting even less, 1,5-2 hours. Why? What's wrong?

Also where can i find latest igpu drivers? From intel page they won't install.

hmscott likes this.
  5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Do you have MSI afterburner on? Because that is constantly waking up your GPU if that is the case.

Use DDU to uninstall the Intel drivers and then reinstall from the website.

6. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's a general advice or you had the same issue and it helped?

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I and many others encountered it on Reddit. The battery life cuts down by more than half with Afterburner on. You can easily test it yourself. Shut it down while on battery and after a couple of minutes your battery time estimation goes up.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  8. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nope, even rebooted with afterburn not on startup. Nothing changed. And honestly it can't, I had Optimus laptop before, msi just doesn't catch any clocks from nvidia while it sleeps.

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    In the past it didnt, but I dont know from which version, but on my recent laptop installations I have this issue present at all times.

There are a lot of threads about this https://www.google.com/search?q=msi....69i57j0l5.10489j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Is Afterburner OSD loaded maybes till in memory? Try taskmanager to find out which apps are making use of 3D. Then try to find out of they use the Intel or Nvidia GPU.

10. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations: