Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In G-Sync mode intel graphics is completely hidden even in device manager? Switching to Optimus requires a reboot?

2. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    All this information is mentioned in reviews. yeah you need to reboot.

Please put some effort in your research.

5. vorob

vorob Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No it's not. It's a total mess. Some people have 2060 with no G-Sync, some people have 2080 and don't bother checking things so they say about 2060 optimus version but nothing about switch in 2080.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Its not a mess. All 2060s are without gsync and all 2080s are with gsync and optimus.

7. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    We are a community these types of questions is why these forums exist don't be rude
    Yes it's an 80w but I would not even attempt a flash because of the potential damage this would cause. Especially since the 180w doesn't deliver enough power for what is in there now.

Yes like the zephyrus you need to reboot to switch in discrete you mode there is no Intel at all . You are not forced to use gsync some games don't play nice 2ith gsync. Optimus is dumpster juice you should only use that mode of you need 6 hours if battery otherwise you will never use it with the 3-4 hours of battery in discrete mode I have never needed to switch to Optimus mode unless I was at work and needed the battery life

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
  8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Lack of self effort is what i consider rude. This question has been talked about countless of times in this same thread.

9. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Little update on mine. The 2060 wasn't showing up on device manager even after a fresh install. I couldn't update the drivers because it wasn't detected. I asked Amazon for a replacement and filed that Monday. No word. I chatted with them today and they said that I wouldn't get a replacement because that is their option. Luckily I didn't send it back yet. Should I send it to acer under warranty? I'm 99% sure the 2060 is fried. There is no way like via bios that can stop device manager from picking it up, right? No gsync and Optimus was on. Any advice on that and or sending it to acer would be appreciated. Should I just abandon ship? I don't *need* the 500 as I have a desktop but it's very nice to have on work trips and couch gaming.

10. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    But you can send it back to Amazon right? I would go for the latter. The machine is still fairly new. It sucks to service a new machine. Especially because it is fairly hard to service. They might mess things up and you are stuck with a lemon after it.