Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hopefully they have the same options in software then! Was the software fan ui on the 700 similar to what's in the 2nd vid you linked at 2:57 timestamp?

Would be great to have a competitor to the GS65 since this apparently has 8 hours of battery life too

2. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes that's the software from the Triton 700.

I hope they improved the speakers on the GS65. At 100% I could not hear them while playing games and had to use earphones. Or I'm just getting old.

3. dander

Reputations:
    That's disappointing to hear regarding the GS65. The Aero 15X isn't particularly loud either(or good), not sure if it's because of the down facing speakers or what

Nice to know there's at least 2 laptops that let you go down to 0% fan speed and have a manual fan curve lol. Have high hopes.. I'm guessing the Triton 700 didn't have a fingerprint scanner or Windows Hello?

4. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would like them to refresh the Triton 700 and have it at 17". After looking at the upcoming 15x, the 500 is looking like the one to get so far.

5. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I had that experience when I had one for short time also. Downward speakers are almost never good. I think on a gaming laptop it should always be on top.

I'm not sure about windows hello. Probably not. That's a shame if I doesn't but, not a deal breaker for me.

I agree. MSI and Asus did it. Maybe they'll make one now they see others are doing it.

And I'm a bit torn now. . .Alienware announced the Area 51m. All desktop parts in a 17" thin bezel desktop replacement. I'm very torn now. I do plan on replacing my desktop with what ever laptop I get. And that one is making a compelling case. I'd need to find a backpack to lug that monster around in.

6. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh, looks like I'll have to take a look at AW 51m then, thanks for the tip.

I use the Asus backpack on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

7. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No problem. I literally just found out about it. It's officially releasing at the end of the month. I was looking at Clevo and msi titan laptops not long ago so this was a really nice surprise from Alienware.

Yeah I guess asus would have big backpacks wouldn't they? Gotta lug those gx703 laptops around. Lol

8. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Looks really good so far, it’s on my short list of laptops that I’m looking to upgrade to.
    My old 17 predator has served me well and might just stick with ACER again, it’ll all come down to thermals and fan noise for me and the most important part....price.
    Does the keyboard backlighting only come in Blue? Not a deal breaker but would be nice to have different programmable color choices just for fun.
    I’ll be keeping on eye on this for sure.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  9. dander

Reputations:
    From the video it seems its a 3 lighting zone backlit keyboard

10. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This and Asus's 17" Zephyrus (gx701) are the two gaming laptops I'm most excited about from CES.

It's completely subjective but to me the Triton 500 seems to be the most balanced of all the announced 20 series laptops in terms of size, looks, and cooling. I'm hoping that the reviews once released back that up. I'm also very interested in the battery size as I can't seem to find any data on it.

IKAS V likes this.