Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Stan_1

Stan_1 Newbie

Reputations:

Hi piteris,

Could You tell me if in normal work mode ( MS OFFISE, Surfing, Youtube) the fans are working, or they are passive, ergo the laptop is noiseles in this condition. Thank you a lot!!

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Its good but not perfect. I had a core difference that was slowly becoming worse on 2 Triton 500 units that I tested. because it is fairly difficult to repaste, I decided to ship both back.

The 2060 versions that I had, needed max fans to stay under 90c under load.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    A better question would be to ask, how much fan noise, sometiems fans spin up (even in the thicker laptops) but if it is just low fanspeeds, you would barely hear it).

Both the Triton, RB15 are pretty much without noise during normal productivity tasks.

piteris2 and Stan_1 like this.
  4. piteris2

piteris2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, as @rinneh stated above, the Triton 500 has little to no noise during normal everyday usage, and most other thin Max-Q gaming laptops would behave similarly. I previously had an Asus Zephyrus M with a Max-P GTX 1070, and it got really loud, but the thing I love about the Max-Q in the Triton 500 is how cool and quiet it stays under load. For example, when playing a really demanding AAA game on max graphics settings the temps on the GPU barely get to 70C, which is great for a graphics chip in a laptop. Plus the Triton 500 has two fans for the GPU so the cooling in that respect is great. Only the CPU temps get quite high unless you undervolt, but I think that’s to be expected with every i7-8750H laptop these days.
    Hope this helped ;)

Stan_1 likes this.
  5. Stan_1

Stan_1 Newbie

Reputations:

YES, tranks to all of you !!!
    Have a great day!

piteris2 likes this.
  6. spybyscript

spybyscript Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After 2 months my machine went blank. Turning it on the keyboard would light up, go through the usual changes as if the machine was starting, but the screen is just completely blank and I don't think it actually gets past the bios if I let it go; can't remote into it, external boot drive doesn't work, pretty much seems dead beyond the lights.

I've sent it in for repair. I'm hopeful I'll get something back and everything will be great in the future as the machine really was great until this happened. There was no warning signs, either. Only thing that made me nervous was the usual windows 10 updates that I decided to let through; a few minutes after it was completed and on the desktop was the last things I was able to do before it went blank. Wasn't using the GPU, just had a chrome browser open after the short period after update and before it went blank.

7. willyg1971

willyg1971 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Acer are say there is a little pin hole on the left side underneath near one of the screen. if you put a pin in it for a few seconds it reset the laptop. I believe its the equivalent of removing the battery if that was possible.

im being told this will sort it out although not tried it.

Even though ive upgrade to bios 1.06 i had a black screen moment a few days ago whilst playing Farcry 5. it did eventually start correctly having set the bios back to default with the irritating sound when it starts.

8. willyg1971

willyg1971 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    They are also saying leave for half an hour after performing this reset exercise

9. spybyscript

spybyscript Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I gave it a day before trying it out, including letting it sit around doing nothing. Keyboard would light up, fan would start briefly, then it just sat there doing nothing. Never any network activity or ability to log into it or any signs of anything else going on.

I did try the pinhole as well.

10. Yokozowner

Yokozowner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had tried one of the 230w 11.8 amp PSUs to mitigate the power throttling issue?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019