Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. mediadoctor

mediadoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Work fine!

Attached Files:

2. seamon

seamon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Looks like 2x8GB kit. When I installed the 2x16GB kit, it refused to boot even after 10 tries

3. justo316

justo316 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi can anyone confirm whether the 2060 model has Optimus or not? Either whether they have the Predator Sense option or if it's possible to switch in Bios?

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The 2060 only has optimus, no gsync switching. BUt you can use a gsync external monitor if needed. But without an external monitor you have Optimus only.

5. Stan_1

Stan_1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I'm interested in if the computer is silent in normal work.
    I'll play it once a week with my son, in the rest of time I'll use it for office work and internet surfing.
    it is very important for me to be quiet, best without any noise (like my Mac).
    I was wondering between TRITON 500 and RAZER Blade, the money are not so important, but I read very bad comments about RAZER in Amazon. What is your expirience with the Triton 500 and the noise in normal use.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Both are silent in normal productivity use. I use the RB15 2019 now, owned the Triton 500 for 3 weeks of use prior. But i didnt like the cooling performance under load with the triton 500.

Stan_1 likes this.
  7. Stan_1

Stan_1 Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you rinneh, you helped me a lot!!!

For me is extremely importmant to work on Word or Outlook without disturbing noise.

Which one of them you will recommend ? You are in the unique situation to have both.

The noise under load is not important for me, just handling, battery and silence in normal work.

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Battery are similar. If you want the most battery life on battery, select 60hz for the screen instead of 144hz. WIth careful tweaking I can get up to 7 hours on the blade and triton. But average is 5.

Getting a good RB15 unit is harder, the third one that I received was good without backlight bleed and other issues. But the cooling itself is better, the Triton had uneven cooling, some cores where 8degrees hotters than the others, this indicates that the heatsink isnt flat and will degrade thermal paste in those gaps. The Razer had the cores only 2degrees apart. Also maintenance of the Razer Blade is easier because it has a normal motherboard orientation..

In general both are good but I decided for the blade because of the reasons mentioned.

Stan_1 likes this.
  9. Stan_1

Stan_1 Newbie

Reputations:
    ahn you, I will order the RB 15. I hope the new charge with i7-9750 is better regarding the screen problem.

10. piteris2

piteris2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the RTX 2080 Triton 500 and from my experience (over three months) the cooling is very good, far above average...