Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hey guys, is there any reliable info on how the battery will last on that device ? with maybe a undervolt and only integrated graphics when on battery ? im used to 5-6 sometimes even 7 hours webcoding and browsing and youtube on my blade 15 ( wich will go back to amazon )

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Bit similar battery life on my unit before I sent it back and went to the Blade,

3. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    similar to what ? blade or the 2 hours that all the reviews talk about :D ?

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    People fail to read in the reviews that the 2 hours is with Gsync enabled, its longer with Gsync disabled and on par with the MSI GS65.The 2060 version doesnt have Gsync at all, so in that case you cannot switch between Optimus and Gsync on the internal display.

5. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope, but the refresh is not that big a deal unless you want or need the latest and greatest but from my experience with the Triton the i7 8750H is more than enough for everything you throw at it.

piteris2 likes this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you guys are looking for a review that it actually informative then this is for you. The inverted motherboard still makes me sad. And they ship this laptop with a 180w power brick. But, you can get it at a steal on Newegg today if that kind of thing doesn't bother you.

7. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    well .. i ended up returning the triton 500 .. had a issue that seems to be fairly common according to the german amazon reviews .. my device turned itself off without message or bluescreen or logs , during gaming .. cpu temps was max 77 and gpu was around 69 .. happend multiple times with newest bios and up to date windows -.- ... yesterday it also happend during normal work ( intellij and programming for university ) idk what the actual proplem is but according to a similar problem on the helios 500 it seems to be the chipset that overheats ( on the helios its caused by external devices being addressed at once, like a mouse while transfering files etc .. ) has anyone here ever had that issue ? i also had some keys with uneven coloring on the leds .. spacebar had 3 leds that barely lit enough to be visible when looking underneath the key .. and lower row some had a greenish tint..

8. piteris2

piteris2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have had a flawless experience with my Triton 500 so far. I bought mine from Amazon UK. Idk why you are having problems, I haven’t heard such things...

9. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    from 5 reviews on amazon ( i know pretty low ) 3 of them had black screen and shut down issue during gaming .. , anyways i bought another one, i saw that the store now has the 2060 i7 9750 in stock for the same price, so i bought that one and hope that its flaweless this time ( although i dont mind some backlight bleed as it can be fixed on the triton by slightly moving the display since it is so thing :D )

piteris2 likes this.
  10. piteris2

piteris2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the Triton 500 with the i7-8750H and RTX 2089 Max-Q. Is the problematic one the one with the RTX 2060?