Triton 500

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Terreos, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-...e-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2080-Max-Q.391506.0.html

So there have been a few laptop leaks for CES 2019. A couple months ago I was hyped for the Triton 900. But I had the $3000 into my head as my limit if I'd get it. And it's $4000. Ouch

But, acer is releasing a 15" model and can have a 2080 max-q inside. Plus they claim 8hrs of battery life. If it gets 6hrs atleast I'd be sold. And I hope they got rid of that mechanical keyboard.

What do you guys think?

Edit:
    Found a trailer video that gives a better look at the ports. If this has cooling as good as the Triton 700 this is definitely shaping up to be my next laptop. May sell my desktop too.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Eclipse251, RMXO and hmscott like this.
  2. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No one? Come on guys I can't be the only one excited for this. :p

3. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Acer has really been making some cool laptops lately.:cool:

Terreos likes this.
  4. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I honestly think if they played their cards right they could put alot of pressure on Razer. They're build quality seems to be on point while having much better cooling solutions. I just wish they'd stop making the super premium $4000 laptops that I can't justify buying. Lol. They must sell though otherwise they probably wouldn't bother.

Eclipse251 likes this.
  5. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've read that they use the same cooling as the 700 so there's a good chance
    Depends on the pricing, i bought the 700 from Costco but it costed me 2800ish at the time, I returned it because performance wise was barely better than my Aorus x5v7 and not worth the price i paid for.

mason2smart likes this.
  6. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Would be exciting if you can setup a manual fan curve with 0% fan speed as a value.

And disable the logo lighting

7. ddomaster

ddomaster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently sold my gs65 1070 maxq because I knew the 20xx laptops were dropping soon. Was originally planning on getting a blade, gs65 or aero 15 but.... I now think this has jumped up to the top of my shortlist.

Reasons
    #1 Very thin
    #2 Light enough (not the lightest but close neough)
    #3 Build quality (looks sturdier than the gs65)
    #4 144hz and gsync
    #5 nicely spaced keyboard

Only downside im seeing is price seems very high. 1800USD for the 2060 model??? That sounds like Razer esque pricing

mason2smart likes this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The videos show they did change the layout. Three fans instead of two. And I think there is more heat pipes now. I didn't keep my triton 70pl0 because of the poor battery life. I was getting maybe 2 hours with it doing web browsing. So that wasn't gonna cut it.

They have softwsre called Predator sense on their laptops. It lets you control overclocking, lighting, and fan speed. So if you want the fans off you can do that.

Yeah I went through all the 1070 mq laptops and returned them all for one reason or another. Triton 700 was so close for me. If it had better battery I would've kept it.

1800 usd isn't too outlandish. It does have gsync which I don't think razer added to their latest laptop. So that's good. And it has more ports. Plus razers support is notoriously bad. Probably the worst I've had to deal with.

RMXO likes this.
  9. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hopefully. My Aero 15X can only go down to 30% with the Gigabyte software so hopefully it's not limited like that. I didn't see any glimpse of a manual fan curve from the software screenshot in the video though. I think the GS65 is the only laptop with decent battery life so far that lets you do those 2 things :(

10. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had the triton 700 so I used the software myself. It's like setting a fan curve on a desktop gpu. If that gives you an idea. You can also just set it to whatever you want manually. I made a quiet profile that turned them off. Just dont forget to change it back once you play a game. Lol