1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Tried your 1520's headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by EnderSaves, Jul 13, 2007.

?

Does your 1520's headphone jack transmit hard drive/internal laptop distortion/feedback?

1. Yes

244 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    26.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodgypsy

Woodgypsy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OK, Japanese forum had information that can help with noises somewhat. Those with Bluetooth should go to device manager, select Bluetooth and uncheck the option that let PC turn BT off to save powet. This gets rid of the most horrible buzzing. Its still bad on headphone jack, but helps.

2. Nedediah

Nedediah Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm, very interesting! For me headphone noise isn't a big issue but it's disappointing.

So far there's the DDR2 graphics card memory letdown, graininess with higher resolution screens and now the headphone jack noise. Any other deal breakers? I always hate being a new adopter/beta tester but figured Dell had a winner with their new models. Perhaps I was wrong.

Is it 3 strikes and you're out?

3. Stella

Stella Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    That's sort of how I feel. I love SO MUCH about this computer, but the cons just keep adding up. I'm thinking about getting a G1S instead, although the keyboard is squishy compared to the 1520, which has an amazing keyboard.

4. redfalcon07

redfalcon07 Newbie

Reputations:
    by chance i ordered a pair of icemat siberia headphones that should be coming today. they come with a usb soundcard. will let you guys know.

5. redfalcon07

redfalcon07 Newbie

Reputations:
    delivery got rescheduled to the 23rd :-(

6. paklun123

paklun123 Newbie

Reputations:
    My dell 1420 has the same noise when using the headphone jack.. I contact the warranty people and they are just going to send me a new one. Looking at the poll.. my question is there are systems that do not have this problem right?

It would suck to wait for the new system and only to find it has the same problem or other problems.

7. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it will have the same problem most likely. i returned mine too...new one came with the same issue. just cancel it, you will be glad you did. SERIOUSLY. cancel.

8. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Newbie

Reputations:
    People who report "noise": what type of sound did you get? There are 3 types:

High Definition Audio 2.0
    Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™HD Software Edition
    Creative Labs Express Sound Card

Wouldn't the last choice be better, because it's an actual sound card? Even with that, is there still static?

9. DoubleBlack

DoubleBlack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Newbie

Reputations:
    I have not ordered yet.

You are saying that the "Creative Labs Express Sound Card" is exactly the same thing in the link you provided?

If so, everyone who reports "static" has either:

High Definition Audio 2.0
    Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™HD Software Edition

Am I correct ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.