1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Tried your 1520's headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by EnderSaves, Jul 13, 2007.

?

Does your 1520's headphone jack transmit hard drive/internal laptop distortion/feedback?

1. Yes

244 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    26.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majortom1981

majortom1981 Notebook Consultant

good luck to those getting replacements. I am still waitying on my replacement 1520 and it has been 8 days since the order for the replacement was placed.

2. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

well.. they want me to send the 2nd one back so it can be checked on..not returned..checked on..

then they said they will send it back in 8 days if its OKAY and fixed, otherwise they will call and update me on the status of the issue...

I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU GUYS... so they can check this issue on my laptop and get some results.

3. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

4. monkstah

monkstah Notebook Consultant

read this

might help you all. it's not a 1520 thing. it's a HP, Apple, Compaq, Dell, etc thing cuz of C2d

5. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

we are talking about headphone jack not system noise?

6. monkstah

I am talking about the headphone jack and hearing the system noise through it. read the forum. it will explain it. The Core 2 Duo affects the headphone jack and sounds on many different PCs from different companies, because of the throttling.

7. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

screw Dell... im sick of their problems. Screw INTEL too... my AMD desktop pc has never given me so many frickin probs as an Intel based PC has..

8. spexc31

spexc31 Notebook Evangelist

i've heard of cpu whine like those found on the hp 6xxx series, but hearing it through headphones really suck. i wore headphone with music playing so i don't have to listen to the cpu whine...which was very high pitched and annoying as anything on my dv6000t.
    im glad i ordered a compal ifli90/sager no2090 over 1520. those with the 1520...good luck!
    you guys might wana try programs like rmclock and see if that'll help?

9. Serenity529

Serenity529 Notebook Consultant

My problem is worse. I can hear the noise without the earbuds, even louder than the fans in medium speed. The earbuds that came with the computer are fairly as I tested them with my ipod. But they just amplify the noise to an unbearable level.

10. monkstah

Why doesn't someone on here just go to that link, download RMclock, do what it says and report back. Damn, stop *****ing.

11. stormchas4

stormchas4 Notebook Consultant

yeah...my jack is really noisy even with my high end sensenheisers.

12. monit88

monit88 Notebook Guru

Hey stormchase4, did you use Rmclock and apply those settings like they had mentioned?

13. stormchas4

not yet...but i will.

14. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

try it pleez

15. whistle

whistle Notebook Consultant

Duke, download rmclock and try it yourself. I would do it but I don't have Windows. I will give you my PERSONAL assurance if you do it right, you won't break anything. Not that my assurance means anything...

16. stormchas4

I d/l rmclock...but the options that I am suppose to check and uncheck are greyed out:(

17. Duke2007

Duke2007 Notebook Deity

greyed out Good game..

18. Woodgypsy

Woodgypsy Notebook Evangelist

Its nightmare with my AKG K26P. Oddly enough, its not much of problem with my 12$ AT though...RMclock fix did remove "whining', although its really annoying that you have to manually start it every time you boot vista. And even without whining, my otherwise fine K26P still get terrible background static noises. Dell rep told me that they cannot fix it because its not hardware problem(no whining in BIOS), and Vista SP1 may fix it. Apparetnyl it is a common problem, and now I am debating with myself if I want to return this otherwise fine laptop.:(

19. MagicMan

MagicMan Notebook Enthusiast

Uh-oh. I have a Vostro 15" on order...essentially the same model. Anyone have first hand experience with the Vostro? Does it have this problem?

Anyone who has had the problem under Vista, tried it under either XP or Linux? Did it still have the same problem?

Finally to the person who asked about USB sound cards. Although I ave on first hand experience, the USB sound card should work perfectly. It transmits the audio digitally to the USB card. The card (or dongle) then converts it to analog.

Still, if this is a problem I'll have to find another laptop. :eek:

20. Woodgypsy

Woodgypsy Notebook Evangelist

USB sounds card works fine. SPIDF should work, too - for noises from headphones, anyway. You still need to fix whining from laptop itself, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.