Tried your 1520's headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by EnderSaves, Jul 13, 2007.

?

Does your 1520's headphone jack transmit hard drive/internal laptop distortion/feedback?

1. Yes

244 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. No

88 vote(s)
    26.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pety22

pety22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, you are correct.Nobody in this forum has tested yet the Creative X FI Express card, but this one is the best choice, and if with the USB sound cards there are no static sounds then neither with Express card should be.

2. farelli09

farelli09 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love how they added that new sound card to the 1520 customization after all the complaints have been made. I'm really pissed.

3. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I find it quite surprising that no-one purchases the Sound Card... it's better than any software, anyway.

farelli09: Oh, really? They added the Sound Card after all the 'complaints'? That's pretty screwy.

4. Gopherkid

Gopherkid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried to get dell to send them this new sound card for free??? I mean they obviously added it for a reason, and it's kinda rediculous that they have such a widespread mistake slip through there hands. I think I might give dell a ring tomm about a free/discounted sound card. I'm not returning this machine, its already "mine/broken-in", so they should help ME fix THERE mistake. *crosses fingers* lol

5. Gaza

Gaza Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads' up guys! When i order my Dell Inspiron 1520 i'll customize it so that it has a dedicated sound card to avoid this annoying sound.. (hopefully avoid)

6. Fec

Fec Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered my Dell Inspiron 1520 last week and got it yesterday afternoon (surpisingly fast). Anyways, I ordered the Creative Labs Express Sound Card to go with it, which will hopefull solve the problem. It seems that it should though as it is completely replacing the crappy sigmatel audio card that dell slaps in there. The biggest deal with the Creative card is that it ships seperately from you computer (hopefully most people will know how to install it).....hopefully mine will come today.

7. Gaza

Gaza Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Oh i didn't know it was shipped separately. That's a bummer for us who don't know how an insides of a computer work.. So i assume your unit does not have the irritating noise?

8. davron

davron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    same problem with mine - just received my laptop - and it does make noise when I use headphones.

I believe (something is telling me) it's the wi-fi card - had similar problem before.

So please let me know if you (who have this problem) are using wireless connection.

9. Fec

Fec Newbie

Reputations:
    I have not received my 70$ Creative Labs Express Sound Card yet, I should get it tomorrow. On the tracking and shipping invoice it lists the card as the Creative X-Fi extreme Notebook edition or something....which from the picture looks like you just slap into the blank slot on the left side of the 1520, where a higher broadband wireless adapter would normally go. It looks as though I will be receiving the card tomorrow afternoon or so so I should be able to get it up and running there shortly....hopefully this will mean bye bye to the buzzing.

10. limagicman

limagicman Newbie

Reputations:
    i talked to dell today and they have agreed to send me a the card after telling them that changing the motherboard was not an option. The dell agent connected with dellconnect first and tried to update the audio drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.