Trade-In Question

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by TheArnski, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheArnski

TheArnski Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you for your post Hearst =). +rep

I actually still am considering a GTI, but most of the ones worth getting in or a few cities down from my area are stick shift and the 2door version. I can't drive stick =\ and I need the 4 door as its more practical for me. I've lurked some Audi and GTI forums and I've seen the term VAG thrown around.....what exactly does that mean?

2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I've always thought it as "Volkswagen Audi Group" (and Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Skoda, Seat and latest Ducati)

Wikipedia says "a former name for the sales and customer service division of the German automaker Volkswagen Group, used from 1978 to 1992"

3. TheArnski

TheArnski Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahhhhh right on right on. Thanks for that KLF!

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I'm curious as to how you've had the car for 5 years but still owe more than $10,000 on it. Don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean it, but you either must have had less than stellar credit at the time or (more likely) the dealership you originally bought the car from completely screwed you on the financing. The only way I can see it is if you purchased a fully loaded 300 SRT8, paid the full sticker price of about $47,000 (at the time), had no trade in, 8% sales tax, and took out a 72-84 month loan at a high interest rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.