Touchscreen issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by gijoe4us, Feb 1, 2018.

1. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    O.K. thanks. Still suspicious.

2. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
    Here is the driver from panasonic

Attached Files:

3. gijoe4us

gijoe4us Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just so all know, I have a Mark 4 with Windows 10 64 Bit, 8 GB of Ram, a 1TB SSD, and all worked fin until about 2 weeks ago. Mouse and everything else working fine but not the touch/pen aspect.

I have been running this system on this computer since 10 came out. I was with MS Technet and demo'd 8, 8.1, 10 preview, 10 everything as I am in the insider releases.

I have all of the 32 bit form win 98 all the way through 10 Creator.

I have tried several different version (32 and 64), XP and Win 7. I even put another disk that had my original 10 in, I get that same thing no matter what.

Again, I am miffed about the system diagnostic passing through all of the tests successfully, and still have this problem.

I have done the MOBO battery out, restart method also.... Still persists.

Very interesting problem I have never encountered before.........

4. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    I just have a hard time blaming it on the "modern" TS panels. They are very good.

Continuity testing would possibly tell the tale.. Of the four leads, 1 and 3 are a circuit and 2 and 4 are a circuit. I set ohmmeter on "tone" and tape the FPC down so it can't jump around. One circuit is longer then the other so resistance is different between the two circuits.

As always pull the power first. Otherwise, even with the computer off there is 16-19 volts present in the the LCD PCB. (Depending on manufacturer)

And then there is the little wires wrapping around the hinge post. I repaired one once upon a time....like soldering hair.

Did you try disabling the touchpad in bios?

Shawn likes this.
  5. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Post full model number please.

I would like verification if this issue is the touchscreen, the digitizer or both.

It is even a dual touch unit?

Does the stylus have a button?

If stylus has a button, does the jumping occur with finger and with stylus?

Did you try a live linux usb stick?

6. gijoe4us

Reputations:
    IMG_0152.JPG
    Okay, in this image I have everything enabled. The cursor on the right in the pen/touch and the cursor on the left is the mouse. I did disable the touchpad and started back up and it is doing the same thing as before.

I have a CF19RHRCX2M, However, I did add a GOBI 2000, so the model I show does not reflect that.

I have no button on pen, so I guess I do not have a digitizer model, just a dual touch (touchscreen/pen) LED model.

I have no idea about the Linux item mentioned.

Thanks again!!!

7. Shawn

Reputations:
    ok.. It is touch only so NO Wacom digitizer.

When we say dual touch we are usually referring to a model that has a touchscreen and a Wacom digitizer.
    Yours is a touch only.
    Not a big deal, but the way you described yours as dual touch confused things slightly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download this iso and create a Live usb stick. It is a complete Linux OS that will run off of a usb stick. You can even pull your hard drive out and this will run. If the touchscreen works with Linux then you have a Windows issue. If not, then you have a hardware issue.
    Linux MX-17 --64bit iso
    http://mxrepo.com/snapshots/MX-17_January_x64.iso
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CF-19RHRCX2M
    MSRP: $4,079
    Description:
    WinXP (Win7 COA),
    Intel Core i5-540UM 1.20GHz, vPro,
    10.4" XGA Touch,
    160GB, 2GB,
    Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, TPM,
    Bluetooth, Dual Pass (Upper:WWAN/Lower:WLAN), GPS,
    No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

8. gijoe4us

Reputations:
    Thanks Shawn. Doing it now and I'll get back to you!!! I really have to think hardware, as I installed the factory disk back on the system and it did the same thing.

9. gijoe4us

Reputations:
    IMG_0159.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the stylus is on the left, and the cursor is on the right. As I move the stylus to the right on the screen, the cursor gets closer to the stylus, and when it reaches the upper right corner, bounces around. When touchscreen is set to auto, it does this, when I set it to only tablet, it does this, when it is set to touchscreen and the HID Compliant mouse disabled, it does not do this and the touchpad and wireless mouse work fine, but no touch or stylus. When in touchscreen mode in the BIOS and set HID Compliant mouse to enabled, it goes haywire again.

At least I know it will work the one way, which is how I have set right now. I just cannot figure out if it's the screen, or some other hardware, as I have stated, the diagnostic utility completed with no errors and all boxes checked green for pass.

Guess it will have to go to a repair facility......

Thanks again for all of the help!!!!

10. Shawn

Reputations:
    Just hang on until Sheepman logs in.
    He runs this same version of Linux on several Toughbooks and can tell you exactly what it should be.

I think it is the touchpanel itself.
    This reminds me, I have a CF 19 mk6 that I need to assemble.

gijoe4us likes this.