]]>

Touchscreen issues

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by gijoe4us, Feb 1, 2018.

1. gijoe4us

gijoe4us Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all, long time away from here. I am having an issue with my touchscreen. It seems the mouse will move to one spot on my sreen and sort of jump around in that one spot and I cannot control it.

I have gone into the BIOS and set display to touchscreen instead of auto, and this does the trick of freeing up the cursor and I can work on the computer. Also, I had to disable one of the HID Compliant mouses, which I am assuming is the digitizer.

Is it my LED panel that is shot, or is it something on the motherboard? I did a complete intall of Win 7 Pro off of my official Panasonic disk, and I have the same issue in a fresh install with nothing but the operating system on it. If it is hardware related, where is the best place to get parts?

Thank you all!!!

Oh, I also ran a complete diagnostic in the BIOS and all came back green. I was like, okay, not hardware, but apparently it must be.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    disaBLE GPS IN BIOS
    TRY AGAIN

if ok then add gps patch--- reboot

toughasnails likes this.
  3. gijoe4us

Reputations:
    Hey Shawn,

Disabled GPS, set back display back to auto, started and same thing. Reboot, enabled GPS, went through all of the 4 IRQ's with restarts, same thing. The screen will only work in "mouse" mode, HID Compliant mouse (digitizer I assume) disabled, and BIOS set to touchscreen. Still no touch capability or pen capability. I did complete the Ultra-X PC-Diagnostic Utility and nothing was reported defective there. ????

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  4. Shawn

Reputations:
    look for dirt between touchscreen panel and metal bezel.

business cards work nice.

5. gijoe4us

Reputations:
    IMG_0144.jpg
    Okay, tried the business card and it did not get anything and it did not work. This computer is always in a bag unless it's being used. It has not been dropped, kicked, beaten, had anything spilled on it, and it has always worked.

It keeps going to this spot, and when you touch the screen or place the pen on it, the cursor is off by about 2 inches from where I am touching the screen.

Thanks for the suggestions though!!!!

6. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    Just to make sure the mobo is not confused can you do a battery pull reset...just the battery and power supply. Hold switch on for twenty seconds or so to drain stupid from mobo. Boot to bios and set to defaults.
    Re-boot twice.

When that doesn't work :) in Windows [Superkey] and type cali..... When the box opens look for the reset check box. This resets numbers in the registry. [Save] [Reboot]

If no change then it's a physical problem. GPS issue would jump all over the screen. Could there be a grain of sand in the touchpad bezel?

Does the digitizer work?

Below is a image from my MK6, this is after a fresh install of 32 bit driver bundle. I think device manager should look like this. hid1.PNG

Had two errors. This one was 'fixed' by deleting Disp Rotation Tool. I have a yellow thing on ethernet also but wireless works. Tool does not like the versapad.

tpdrive.PNG

Windows wants a tablet not a touchscreen. Different size calibration numbers.

7. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
    Here is my Mk5, I just got done putting a 120gb SSD in it. Windows 7 64 bit. 20180202_155123.jpg 20180202_154929.jpg

8. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    I'm getting suspicious regarding the versapad.

Enough so I disabled my touchpad in bios just to see what happens.

The first go around I think I was in the middle of an update....keyboard died and etc.

That didn't seem right so I tried it again. With GPS and touchpad disabled. Touchscreen set on AUTO (tablet). That worked right. Touchscreen and digitizer performed normally.

I rarely suggest something that I have not tried myself.

9. Shawn

Reputations:
    I think CF19 mk6 is when they started Versapad
    mk4 and mk5 are Synaptics.

10. safn1949

safn1949 I'm sure I'm on the wrong planet

Reputations:
    Again on my Mk5 No synaptic driver listed in programs.

Attached Files: