1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

touchpad app

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by fth, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fth

fth Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    whats the app called that configures the touchpad. for example, the right side of the touchpad can be used for scrolling up and down.
    i found the all in one gestures but that's only an extension for mozilla.
    btw, how do i stop 'tap the touchpad and acts as a click'. i end up clicking all the wrong things trying to navigate using the touchpad.

2. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Synapstics?

www.synaptics.com

I'm pretty sure you can configure your touchpad once you get their drivers

3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you already have the touchpad software installed:
    Start>Cntrl panel> Mouse. You can fool around with the settings in there :p

4. qwester

qwester Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    As mentioned you need to have the software for your touchpad installed first. And then enable them from the mouse settings (in control panel)

If you don't have it: As coriolis suggested it might be from synaptics, otherwise you need to figure out manufacturer and get the drivers/software from them. Or you can get those directly from the site of your laptop manuf.

5. Brando551

Brando551 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jus in case you lost it, the touchpad software for Dell is on the drivers resource CD, just let the disk install itself, enter your system info, and extract the touchpad software.

6. LuckMC11

LuckMC11 Computer Extraoirdinaire NBR Reviewer

Reputations:

lol...did u know that not EVERYONE has a drivers resource CD from dell??...lol...Home edition laptops stopped coming with all the CDs a while ago

7. fth

fth Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    haha yea. i don't have the driver cd's. reformated my computer right after i got it. didn't even bother to backup drivers. had to go all the way to friends house to get all the drivers. oops =)

8. LuckMC11

LuckMC11 Computer Extraoirdinaire NBR Reviewer

Reputations:

yea..lol...it happened 2 my cousin b4...lol..he just was in a rush!!!..haha ;) ;)