Total War Shogun 2 problem with nvidia GT540M

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Riksu, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riksu

Riksu Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got new asus laptop and Shogun 2 runs like crap. My old laptop with Ati 5650 worked great with shogun 2. In game options it shows only 500mb video memory and I have 1gb. In this laptop I also have Intel integraded video card. Could it be that the game uses that card? Help needed.

2. Kingpinzero

Kingpinzero ROUND ONE,FIGHT! You Win!

Reputations:
    Yep probably its using the intel, so its a sign that optimus hasnt switched cards.
    I dont have an optimus laptop, but iirc you need to have ac connected to use the other card.
    Also you may be able to switch to the nvidia card either physically (some laptops have a switch) or via software.
    Also you may be able to use the nvidia card directly from bios.

3. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    you have to whitelist the game on the nvidia control center thingy. Aside that the intel can use more than 500mb, so that point is kind of moot.

Do any other games run strange? What is the driver?

4. joehempel

joehempel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmmm.....I have Shogun 2 with the GT540m and it runs just fine. I don't put it on Max settings though, especially during the fights, having the ammount of people set to the highest in those can choke it. And I've always had choppy overworld stuff in all the TW games from Empire on.