Toshiba satellite A350 bios recovery (Phoenix)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by dirak1974, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andre21

andre21 Newbie

Reputations:
    You are quite a help full person, actually i am now in a bad condition with my Toshiba dynabook satellite laptop. it can't run with out d.c. power flow. That means i need a new battery or cell to replace. If any body have one please let me know.

2. tosh-l350d

tosh-l350d Newbie

Reputations:
    hi,sorry for jumpin in here but have same problem and have been trying this method only when i extract bios i dont seen a rom file only one with fd instead,my question is does it have to be rom file...thanks

hi,could the people thats had success at doin this tell me what O/S they are using as trying to work out if i need to do this method on xp...thanks

3. IAMB4TMAN

IAMB4TMAN Newbie

Reputations:
    I have just registered so that my comments may help other people fix their bios.
    I scoured the internet for hours trying to find solutions to fix my bios after it crashed halfway though. After reading many forums and downloading every possible application to create a bootable USB drive I slowly began to realise that yes, maybe using a USB stick may work in some very rare exceptional cases but using a USB flash drive/pen drive did not work for me.

If you are using phoenix Crisis Bios Recovery you must use a USB floppy disk drive and boot from the floppy disk.

After hours failing to create a bootable USB drive, a floppy disk worked first time running phoenix Crisis Bios Recovery in a windows xp 32 bit environment.

The laptop I recovered the bios on was a Toshiba Satellite p200-17c (purchased 2008)

Maybe I had to use a floppy disk because it was an older bios, I don’t know but if you’re unsure, save yourself some time and buy a USB floppy disk drive.

Bottom line...........USE A FLOPPY DISK!!!

4. coldtoes

coldtoes Newbie

Reputations:
    Just registered to express my appreciation as well. A couple of steps that I noted that were a bit different for my experience, but the end result was all goodness.

I was recovering a Toshiba Satellite L350D, which was totally bricked. I used a USB Key, and it worked great for me. Not sure why IAMB4TMAN's experience was so different, but I can confirm that the USB Key worked fine. I did find that creating the disk on Windows 7 64bit was problematic. It went much more smoothly when I was using Windows XP. This is a known issue with the Crisis boot disk.

My main difference was the filename of the bios file. The recommend in this thread is to use bios.wph. My bios file was named PSAP180.fd. When I tried renaming it to bios.wph I had no luck. However, when I renamed the file to bios.fd, it worked perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. You got me most of the way there, and I really appreciate it.

5. terryspike

terryspike Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. New to the forum. I have an older Toshiba a70-S249 that got fowled up in updating the bios. (watch out, the 1.06 that downloads is actually ver 1.01.) I tried to update from ver 1.03 and now it's dead. I've made the pen and followed the instructions for FN-B keys- power plug - power button. The only thing that happens is the system fans come on, remain constant, and I get a constant 1 long and 2 short beeps. Nothing else. Has anyone tried this method on an older laptop? Any suggestions? I can't find that particular beep code in the toshiba book.

6. DunderHassan

DunderHassan Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem as the above poster with my Toshiba P300 (PSPC4E).
    I've disconnected the HDD and DVD.

I successfully created an USB boot disk. Three files was copied into it, including my laptops bios, named BIOS.WPH (version 4.20)
    I've tried multiplie key combinations, following the boot instruction (USB -> Power Cord -> Power Button), as FN + B, WIN + B, FN + ESC and WIN + ESC.

When I boot up with FN/WIN + B, it just boots up "normally", all LEDs light up and the screen stay black. The USB doesnt flash or anything.
    Using FN + ESC is a different story though, no LEDs light up, except for the power button.
    The USB flashes briefly, for a few seconds, and after a little while the laptop begins to beep.
    When I say beep, it really beeps, loudly as hell! 1 long beep + 2 short beeps, which goes on constantly.

I left it for about 15 minutes, but nothing happened. The beeps were really loud, so I shut it down.
    Am I doing it wrong? Should I leave it for longer? Is there any way to turn down the volume in that case?

Would be really grateful for any help I can get.

7. sajawalas

sajawalas Newbie

Reputations:
    i have samsung chronos series 7 laptop .. its also dead now .. plz can u tell me by which keys i can put it to read recovery from usb ? i have followed your procedure but no luck cuz LED of usb flshes but very dim .. can u plz help me ?

8. Tony-Coimbra

Tony-Coimbra Newbie

Reputations:
    I, I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE P200 and it died after a bios update.

When i power on, it works 2s then shutoff

If i power on with FN+B pressed, i get ambar light flashing(HDD AND BATTERY), this is my board flashing:

TOSHIBA SATELLITE P200- PSPB6 After Fail Bios Update - YouTube

Can anyone help me?

regards

Tony

9. Zall

Zall Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi dear!
    I can't download this program (Phoenix tool. Crisis Bios Recovery). how can i get it?

10. mlapin

mlapin Newbie

Reputations:
    - HPUSBDisk (Storage Format Tool)

- phlash16 (many versions)

- WINCRIS_1.0.0.2
    - WINCRIS_1.0.0.3
    - WINCRIS_1.0.0.4

mediafire

4shared

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.