Toshiba satellite A350 bios recovery (Phoenix)

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by dirak1974, Mar 20, 2010.

1. starpelican

starpelican Newbie

Reputations:
    pls could sumbody help me with the right bios file for toshiba satellite l500-017.
    looks lyk it's been taken off the list of available computers on toshiba's support site...
    also how long should u hold down fn-b before releasing..my fan turns @ full speed but i don't see any light from the usb's led..PLS HELP!!!!!!!!

2. kloy

kloy Newbie

Reputations:
    i've done all this but it's not work..
    i just hear the buzzer sound..
    please help me!
    my laptop model : toshiba satellite L310 PSME6L-00U001

3. pelrac

pelrac Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

this method worked out for me on my A500-02E (Toshiba Satellite).

Here is the method I used to create my usb key.

1.)Use a usb stick and do a format as FAT from windows.
    (I use 1gb stick)

2.)Run WINCRIS.EXE select your formated usb stick Click the "Start" button whait and a message come and say to "Remove your stick
    and reconect" So remove the stick click "OK" to the window (do not close the WINCRIS.EXE and dont click anything else) and reconect.
    Afer choose "YES" in the windows say "Do you whant to format onother crisis disk?" and click again the "Start" button.
    (This is to make sure we update the CRISBOOT.BIN in usb boot sector. For me works like that.)
    (If WINCRIS.EXE doesnt run and give an error try to run it in compatibility mod)

3.)Remove your stick and reconect, copy in the stick the "MINIDOS.SYS"-"PHLASH16.EXE" and finaly your bios with name: bios.wph.

The only time it worked for me is when the bios filename was in lowercase.

Using Fn + B on boot up, the fan kick in high rev, the system read out from usb key for about 10 - 15 sec, then system powered off after 5 min.

re-installed dvd, hard disk and battery... back in business...

Thanks a lot for this thread...

4. SSvastika

SSvastika Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks to all and to Pelrac (helped with compatibility mode)
    After two days of searching and trying different methods I was able to restore my customer laptop.
    To others who did not managed to wake up your toys - keep trying - there is method somewhere for you as well.
    I'm not sure if all steps from this forum were right or the problem was dvdrom still not removed, but finaly it's done.
    Thanks again!!!

P.S. Laptop Toshiba Satellite L450D-11W - if someone got similar problems I can post my steps, but I'm sure that info here is enough :)

5. computerbitz

computerbitz Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone got a working copy of the link for crisis disk as the one posted aint working for me thank in advance

6. kapros2011

kapros2011 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    nice one bravo

7. Andi24

Andi24 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear, I also have problem with my satellite a350 PSAL6A-04W016. The laptop cannot boot (whether using battery or when power cord is plugged). Fan is on for seconds then off. No display, the screen is totally black.
    This problem may be because a day before, I put my laptop to sleep immediately when a mouse is attached on it. I unplugged the mouse while the lid is still closed. Then, the laptop is off by itself. When I try to to turn it on, the problem above appears. Could you please help me. Many Thanks

8. alxlbf2

alxlbf2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    WoW! There are now two options:
    1. You laptop killed its BIOS and you will have try to recover it or re-prgramm the ePROM/ROM with a prommer.
    2. Your MoBo died. If it has warranty just sent it back to TOSHIBA.

9. Andi24

Andi24 Newbie

Reputations:
  10. vinhhtr

vinhhtr Newbie

Reputations:
    I have problem with Toshiba satelite L310

Help me!:confused: