Toshiba Qosmio x300 / x305 GeForce 9800M GTS SLI Graphics adapter

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by LeanneM, Feb 18, 2021.

1. LeanneM

LeanneM Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,
    I am currently rebuilding a Toshiba Qosmio X300-13w back to mint condition as mine was irreparably damaged years ago and I guess its rose tinted glasses and all but would love to replace..The only part I am desperate for is a " Qosmio x300 / x305 GeForce 9800M GTS SLI Graphics adapter" with heat pipes if possible.
    If anyone has one I would love to buy, or even the entire laptop so long as it has the 9800M Sli GPU.
    If any of you can source one I will even pay a finders fee.

Yours Hopefully,
    Leanne

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    codzor likes this.
  2. codzor

codzor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You can find the 9800m GTS SLI on aliexpress. Part number is (LS-4301P). Just search for that. They're quite expensive and rare though and they're all used so I cannot guarantee that they are in full working condition. Some of these sellers are quite dodgy from my experience. Also of note, these SLI cards will only function on boards with the Nvidia 9400m chipset and these are awfully rare too.

There's three different versions of motherboards for these x300s/x305s if I recall correctly, two of which are Intel chipsets and will not function with this card or the 9600m GT SLI. The easiest way to identify them is the board cutouts. All Intel boards have one cutout for the fan. The Nvidia version has two cutouts for two fans.

As for the heatsink, I'm guessing it's pic related? Part number is (k000061920). Unfortunately it is extremely rare. You may have to check ebay frequently if you haven't already.

Attached Files: