1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

TOSHIBA Intel Core 2 DUO Processor T8100 Laptop

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by poppysmith, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppysmith

poppysmith Newbie

Reputations:
    TOSHIBA A305-S6843
    Well I am a littler nervous because I bought this computer. It seemed like a unbelievable good deal but I have found no reviews about it any where not even of the Toshiba or Best Buy web site.

My concern is the 64Bit. I understand it is coming of age but will I have conflict with all my software. Will I have to replace it with compatible software? I am finding most of my printer and mouse drivers ar available in Vista 64bit

SOFTWARE!
    GRAW
    Google Earth
    Norton 360
    Blackberry desktop manager
    MS Media Player
    Roxio 10
    Maxtor 1-touch HD for Back Up
    Seagate HD for back UP

I am sure I bought a Porsha 911 but I am use to a Ford Pinto. But a good deal can go bad if I have to replace all the software I use. Please take a look and tell me the pros and cons. I have not opened it yet so I can still return it. Hover I want a laptop that rocks, does this one?

TOSHIBA Intel Core 2 DUO Processor T8100 Laptop
    4GB DDR
    400GB Hard Drive
    15.4 Truebrite LCD WideScreen
    Windows Vista Home Premium W/Service 1
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless N
    Read & Write Dual-Layer DVD’s and CD’s
    LabelFlash Technology
    ATI Radeon HD 3470 Graphics
    Webcam
    6.0lbs

$1250 plus tax

2. JOCKTHEGLIDE

JOCKTHEGLIDE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    where did you get this? WOW a T8100

3. abehanna

abehanna Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    sounds almost too good to be true at that price! whered you find that?

4. lappyforphotoshop

lappyforphotoshop Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you pleae link me to the site where you bought it from ?

I ask my Sister or mom to order it to ship it over here, it is an unbelievable deal.

5. poppysmith

poppysmith Newbie

Reputations:
    BEST BUY in Nashville TN.

6. poppysmith

poppysmith Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought it at Best Buy in Nashville. But it is hard to find because the release date is April the 6th. Most of the stores only had a display model but some of the stores had 1 or two in the back. I had the Nashville Best Buy store call around and they found on in Bowling Green KY. I picked it up there.

7. allan_huang

allan_huang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If it doesn't have the Vista 64-bit version, then you would have the 32-bit version and you don't need to worry about anything. You can only install 64-bit programs on a 64-bit OS

8. jstuart83

jstuart83 Newbie

Reputations:
    yea i bought this computer yesterday they said it was brand new at the best buy her in madison ms this is an unbelieable machine, i especially like the 2, 200GB hard drives. and the 4GB of ram. i made my first lable flash cover too its pretty sweet

9. poppysmith

poppysmith Newbie

Reputations:
    That is good news and thanks. I am still trying to deside weather to open mine or not. My wife will kill me!
    Tell me more?

10. pronik

pronik Newbie

Reputations:
    looking for advice on rollback to xp on this machine. i bought mine a couple of days ago in clarksville, tn without understanding the 32 vs 64 bit os thing. help!

11. mb327

mb327 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just bought the same computer at Best Buy. It wont be in till Tuesday. I found out from talking a bit to one of the people there that the only one they have in the store till Tuesday is the demo. The four due to arrive Tuesday will evaporate because it GOES ON SALE Sunday for $1,099.00. Those who bought it, like us, can get the refund on the difference next week. There are going to be a lot of people upset arriving at the stores on Sunday to find there are none in stock.

Like everyone else here, I am in the dark on what the 64 bit thing means to me. I run Flight Simulator X and several low end games like UT and Ghost Recon with some friends every couple months. Beyond that, I am heavy into photo processing with Photoshop and some other RAW image processing software. I hate to think none of my software will work on this 64 bit processor.

Mike B

12. djacksonair

djacksonair Newbie

Reputations:
    Please give more information on how to go about getting that rebate. I also just purchased one, I love the machine except for the fact that I have already had to have the mother board replaced (It wouldn't see my battery), I will be getting it back on Monday.

13. mb327

mb327 Newbie

Reputations:
    If you bought it at Best Buy in the last two weeks, just go back to the store with your receipt and request a refund on the difference between your price and the sale price. Computers have a two week price guarantee at Best Buy.

Now what about that problem with 64 Bit systems? Has anyone had good luck (or bad) with trying to load their programs on a 64 bit system?

14. toolman

toolman Newbie

Reputations:
    I did a detailed spec search before buying one of these - this machine comes with the 32 bit version of Vista Premium - any Vista compatible application will run on it just fine.

The main compatibility issue with the 64 bit version seems to be related to drivers, specifically the IEEE1394 port.

15. bigdaddytank

bigdaddytank Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought the last one in the KC area yesterday, Best Buy has them for $1099. It is the 305-6843 model. It is very nice, Ill get some batteries in my camera and put some photos up later.
    It comes with 64 bit Vista Home Premium

16. bigdaddytank

bigdaddytank Newbie

Reputations:
  17. lappyforphotoshop

lappyforphotoshop Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is the ATI HD3470 as good as the NVIDIA GF9300M GS?

If so , I will get very interested in New Toshiba M305 just released in Asia.

Also, is there any one who knows if the ATI better than the ATI HD2400XT ?

Thanks in advance.

18. bkrguy05

bkrguy05 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have also purchased the A305-S6843 this past sunday the 6th at Best Buy. So far so good for the price.. except I don't know if it's the way the computer is set up or it's just my computer but when I try to enlarge a video on youtube full screen all I see is a diagonal line dividing the screen black and white. The audio works fine while on full screen but not the video while on youtube. Is that normal??? Please advise. thank you!

19. Damn Dirty Ape

Damn Dirty Ape Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So.. what's the battery life like on this one?

20. bigdaddytank

bigdaddytank Newbie

Reputations:
    I watched Pirates of the Carribean: At worlds end on DVD last night. The battery was 100% when I started and at the end of the movie with a couple stops in the middle it was about 3 hours the battery was like 10%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.