Toshiba Blank Screen Fixed!

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ruphert, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade3fan07

wade3fan07 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just an fyi, I just had the same thing happen to my A215-S5825 and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december 31, 2010 hope this helps anybody out there. I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge.

2. moniquoi

moniquoi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi wade3fan07,

I am having the same issue you had with your Toshiba notebook. My model is Satellite A210 - MS508C. Would you be able to tell me how the Toshiba representative was able to recognize this issue as a known issue by Toshiba? I called technical support for help as well but they just told me to send it in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

3. borissvetnikov

borissvetnikov Newbie

Reputations:
    I have exact same problem with my A215-S5825. Just got off the phone with TOSHIBA REP. They told me that this issue is not in their database of known issues. Any pointers how to proceed with them?

Thanks.

4. mumbles

mumbles Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried running the BIOS update on the Satellite A210 as well... closed all programs and even gave it lots of time to cool off before running it. It turned off by itself in the middle of updating the BIOS and now it won't turn back on at all. I can't get anything on the screen, no beeps, nothing. Exact same problem as you guys.

I contacted Toshiba support (Canada) about this and because it's out of warranty they're telling me to take it to an Authorized Service Provider (Future Shop) after admitting that it was a problem with the motherboard on these models... so I asked why I should have to pay for it if it's a known issue with this model. I followed the steps for running the update correctly and now I'm left with an even more useless notebook.

He mentioned escalating the issue but never really told me when they would be calling me back--if they even will because it was difficult to understand him. I wish I had other people's luck with customer service. This really sucks on Toshiba's part... to offer an update that toasts your machine and pass you on to an ASP who will more than likely make you pay for the repair. There's a reason Future Shop was selling these so cheap on boxing day. :mad:

5. Vetteman

Vetteman Newbie

Reputations:
    Like everyone else that has posted here, I had the same intermittent screen blanking problem. I updated the BIOS, and that seemed to fix the problem for a few months. Then it started happening all over again.

Here's a few interesting things I've noticed about it:
    1 - It never happens when it's running on just the battery. It only ever happens when it's plugged in. No idea why...
    2 - When it does happen, I have to unplug it then plug it back in for it to boot back up. If I don't unplug it, the power will come back on, but the system doesn't do anything.
    3 - This has only ever happened while it was in Windows. I've let it sit for hours at the BIOS setup screen, and I've had it sit for hours at a windows boot up menu, and it's never gone black.
    4 - I had Vista and Windows 7 (beta) dual booting on my pc, and it happened in both operating system.

I believe that is a combination of a hardware issue and an incompatibility with Windows.
    I tried the fix suggested where the power saving options are updated as per Toshiba, but no luck.

It's gotten to the point where I do all my work with the laptop unplugged, and when it runs out of battery juice, I turn it off and plug it in for a couple of hours to charge it, then unplug it so I can use it again so I don't have to worry about the screen going blank.

It's almost 2 years old, so no warranty left, so I guess I'll just keep plugging away at trying to find a solution for it.

6. rlising

rlising Newbie

Reputations:
    i have the same problem and i dont know what to do, my laptop stocked now for a year...kindly guide me how or which number should i call for assistant ...My model is Satellite A200...its out of warranty now also. thanks a lot...

7. CarlosTax

CarlosTax Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you please explain the contac Toshiba procedure or reference # for this Problem.
    They clain not having any info for this problem.

8. CarlosTax

CarlosTax Newbie

Reputations:
    same problem with my A215-S5825. Just got off the phone with TOSHIBA REP. They told me that this issue is not in their database of known issues. Any pointers how to proceed with them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.