Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by chuck50dvdr, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CALLmRAVEN

CALLmRAVEN Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I was able to setup a dual boot with Vista and XP on my A135-S2326.
    Here is the link how to setup dual boot: http://www.apcstart.com/5485/dualbooting_vista_and_xp
    I have no question marks in Device Manager after I followed the instructions of the people on this forum but when I am looking at the signals of the wireless connections around me and they are very week comparing with the signals that I get if I boot with Vista.

Anybody had the same experience of having very weak wireless connection after downgrading to Windows XP?
    I have Atheros AR50006EG Wireless Network Adapter setup under Network Adapters in Device Manager which is exactly what I have for Vista where it works fine. Anybody have any idea how to fix it?

2. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    for any1 who's looking for modem driver, its Motorola SM56 driver , can be get directly from google motorola site

3. stejz

stejz Newbie

Reputations:
    i am new member in this site. i actually read the messages on solving the graphics driver problem.(my graphics driver went missing after a win xp installation-toshiba a135 - s2276). i would like to request for clarification on where really to paste the line PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF041179&REV_00\4&2C0D4F31&0&2808
    i can't really locate the inf file. please some one assist me with these complete details! email me on <stevenkauli@yahoo.com>
    stejz.

4. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what gfx do u have? intel or ATI?

With intel. go on intels site search 945GM graphic driver.

With ATI, u need some more reasearch probably in ATI site they might have it. U may need to install it under advance mode which u have to "have disk" and browse it to the INF file.

I've managed to fully run the Toshiba A205 chipset 945 fully on XP will all driver working. I still have a Ghost disk. PM If u need it.

5. jasstone

jasstone Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All !

I require guidance from the forum members about making a Recovery Disc for my Toshiba Satellite Model A135-S4427. According to the Manual (in PDF format), the Recovery disc can be created using the desktop ' Recovery Disc Creator' icon. Unfortunately the above icon is missing and I am not able to create the recovery disc. Guidance is solicited.

regards

6. Padmé

Padmé NBR Super Pink Princess

Reputations:
    Have you looked in start>all programs? If not there, you may have to call Toshiba to see about getting them.

7. jasstone

jasstone Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the guidance. The Recovery disc creator is not listed in "All Programs". FYI my A135-S4427 is re-conditioned unit from US with OS pre-loaded. In fact, I had checked more than half a dozen units of same spec. Unfortunately none of the machine got the recovery disc creator though the Owner's Manual do give a detailed description of creating the Recovery Disc. Unfortunately, I staying in a different region, the support for US origin machine is not forthcoming in this part. Accordingly, I solicit the forum members help in this direction by necessary guidance to make the recovery Disc.

Thanks once again for the prompt response.

Jasstone

8. datars

datars Newbie

Reputations:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  9. khanhfat

khanhfat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    nice... however i got all of them working now i have a ghost disc for it just pop in and loads whole windows and drivers for them.

10. datars

datars Newbie

Reputations:
    Here's a Tool I love to use
    HD Clone
    http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html