Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by chuck50dvdr, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junyaoxu

junyaoxu Newbie

Reputations:
    Dispaly:rad_w2kxp_omega_38330.exe. Also ATI manager software Catalyst from ati.com works, but ATI drive does not work.
    NIC:eek:rignal setup from toshib disk
    Sound: audio drive from realtek.com.tw
    wireless:Atheros_5.0.0.107 download from Toshib.com
    modem: setup program from toshib disk
    Dual boot setup program: Vistabootpro from http://www.pro-networks.org

2. junyaoxu

junyaoxu Newbie

Reputations:
    Best way to set up dual system is to run vistabootpro from http://www.pro-networks.org. But you need XP SP2 installed

3. Staackj

Staackj Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you to everyone in this thread. The link to the Archive with all the a135-s2276 drivers worked beautifully. I put 2gigs of RAM in this thing and installed XP and it works great. I also did an install of Ubuntu Feisty the day I bought the laptop and everything worked out of the box except sound. I decided to go back to XP because both Linux and Vista support for audio production is lacking in many areas.

4. stevil12

stevil12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys

Im having probs with the lockups/freezes, were exactly do you disable the hotkeys? I've googled and disabled any hotkey related setting or program I could find. It seems to work just long enough for me to get my hopes up and then it starts again. My multimedia buttons and a few Fn keys still work so I assume Im missing a setting.

Thanks

5. PGIV

PGIV Newbie

Reputations:
    As I recall, HotKeys is on your Add and Remove Programs list. Just uninstall HotKeys.

6. stevil12

stevil12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply but I dont have entrys that mention hotkeys in the Remove Program list.

7. test54321

test54321 Newbie

Reputations:
    After try the following solution, solved the mouse freeze problem.
    http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=36509
    (Aubrey_Little's solution)

- My keyboard occasionally pauses being responsive for a moment or two, which makes faster typing difficult and erroneous.

- My mouse occasionally freezes and becomes unresponsive, whereas I need to hit a key or touch my touchpad to get it to wake up 9which is curious because I turned my touchpad off).

8. Angel Markoff

Angel Markoff Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,
    I am sorry to jump in. I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A130 - ST 1313 (pre-configured) with vista off course...and this thing is SLOW. I read all the postings above and I was woundering wether the dirvers for A135-S2276 are the same!

9. killian

killian Newbie

Reputations:
    Wohoo! :D I Finally managed to fix the "mouse lag" problem with this notebook Thoshiba A135 and Windows XP.

In my case, installing the latest audio driver for Windows XP did the trick.

The one that it's working now in my notebook with no problems is:
    Realtek Semiconductor Corp. High Definition Audio System Software Ver:R1.69 for Windows XP.

You can download this driver from Realtek's official site.

Or here:

ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/WDM_R169.zip
    ftp://152.104.238.19/pc/audio/WDM_R169.zip
    ftp://209.216.61.149/pc/audio/WDM_R169.zip

I bet that installing the Vista audio drivers caused the problem in the first place. I tried every resolution posted here, but only installing these drivers made the system stable.

Well, hope it works for you too!

10. nightdenizen

nightdenizen Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Killian -

You gave me the first step in getting the audio to work. I used the r169 drivers, but still couldn't get anything.

Finally, I rebooted into Safe Mode, and then used the setup program that comes with the r169. When I rebooted, Sound!!

I have never been so happy to hear the cheesy windows chimes.

Then I used the Toshiba Software Modem drivers turbo97se was good enough to provide, and I have no more ? in my list (though I do share turbo's problem with sleep mode. oh well).

Hope this helps someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.