Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by chuck50dvdr, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junyaoxu

junyaoxu Newbie

Reputations:
    I folowing this thread couple of days. Thanks to some posts here, and extensive search on other sites, now I am able to set up XP with Vista side by side with my new purchased Toshiba A135-S2326. Nw it is dual boot system, and has menu to select on system start up. But I still missing two XP drives: toshiba a135 modem device on HD audio xp drive, and USB 2.0 drive.
    All other things include ATI display, wireless drive,NIC card, and soude cardd work fine. Please let me know if some your guys want to share my experience or provide clues to find two more missing drives.

2. Teeth

Teeth Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone! I am a newb on this form. A national outlet replaced my brand X laptop after three years and many issues with this new Toshiba for no charge. I rolled back to XP Pro after playing with vista and not liking it. Thanks to everyone here and an additonal gig of ram I love this laptop. It runs like a champ with all the drivers found here, and disabling the hot keys. I have been repairing computers since 91, and own my pc/laptop repair company. To be fair I have notice every brand has good and bad products, and some models seem to be more prone to certain issues. That said I haven't seen any more problems with brand X as opposed to brand Y. I think it has to do a lot with luck of the draw. I still am missing the two drivers for the AICP in the device manager, and hope that Toshiba comes out with some drivers for XP. Thanks for all the help everyone. :)

3. webazoid

webazoid Newbie

Reputations:
  4. Teeth

Teeth Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you webazoid that solved the last of my driver issues. I didn't think i would ever get those last two drivers! :)

5. webazoid

webazoid Newbie

Reputations:
    did u do virus scan and everythign is clean?

6. webazoid

webazoid Newbie

Reputations:
    how do u install all the folders? just right click on inf file and select install?

7. webazoid

webazoid Newbie

Reputations:
    nevermind to previous post. anyone get standby to work? i can't get out of standby.

8. cmlove

cmlove Newbie

Reputations:
    I purchased a Toshiba A135-S2326 yesterday, and want to run XP. I'm interested to know which drivers worked for you.

9. Teeth

Teeth Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey webazoid, I haven't had any issues with stand by, except once. It booted out of stand by to a blank screen. I did a hard boot and everything came back up fine. I remembered I had issues with stand by when I did a fresh install of xp pro, but that was before I got the drivers loaded. I am sorry this post probably won't help much, but my machine is running great thanks to the link you posted which got the last two drivers installed. OBTW you have to go to control panel and update the drivers from the file you unzip to folder for that driver. Good Luck :confused:

10. webazoid

webazoid Newbie

Reputations:
    anyone to dual boot xp and vista? I tried out xp and it kept crashing despite the new drivers so used toshiba restore cd to "fix startup problems preventing vista from loading" (or something like that). so xp is still on my system...though vista is what's loading. anyway to boot to xp?

to lad drivers, go go device manager and click 'detect new hardware' and point to cd w/ the drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.