Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by chuck50dvdr, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManlyGlueGun

ManlyGlueGun Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh, and I bought another gig of RAM for my a135-2276 and threw it in about a month ago. I can honestly say that I don't notice any difference at all. if it didn't work or was broken, I'd be seeing errors or the laptop wouldn't boot at all. I go under system and, sure enough, it says that I have a gig and a half of RAM, but I still don't notice any difference.

I'm bucketing water from a sinking ship here, guys. Anyone else have any insight into this phantom RAM? This laptop's just as fast as when it had only 512.

Thanks.

2. hot-tub

hot-tub Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried Linux's Ubuntu? I'm reading all this after getting suckered at Best Buy and the only quick option I see is Linux. I let http://consumerist.com/ know about the problem too.
    I spent a few hours on the phone with both Best Buy and Toshiba today. Has anyone noticed that the A135-S2276 is no longer available at retailers? I asked the tech at Toshiba "Is Toshiba no longer making this model?", and she replied, "Nnnn...um...I'm not sure." She was one vowel away from a "no." Seems that Toshiba might have read the reviews.
    I once liked Toshiba...not so much anymore.

3. ManlyGlueGun

ManlyGlueGun Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh, and another minor problem:

A135-2276 with the XP downgrade using the drivers from here (mostly from Turbo97), but my clock randomly slows and I find it several hours behind. Anyone else getting this or know how to prevent this annoyance?

4. DQI

DQI Newbie

Reputations:
    That's weird. Do you have the automatic synch via the internet turned on?

5. hot-tub

hot-tub Newbie

Reputations:
    It's official. The a135-s2276 is now discontinued. Let's give ourselves a pat on the back for that one.

6. mini.boss

mini.boss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This downgrade to XP is making me nuts. I got everything essential working on my a135-2246 machine but the whole machine seems to momentarily freeze every 10 seconds. Its most noticeable on mouse/keyboard but playing audio just stutters.

I tried several sound card drivers (including turbo), tried to disable the CFSServ.exe but that doesnt exist on my system and tried the synaptics drivers but i still have the problem.

Does anyone know whats going on?

7. PGIV

PGIV Newbie

Reputations:
    I had the same problem. As I recall, it was Hot Keys causing the problem (and they don't work anyway). If you installed Hot Keys, uninstall them, reboot, and see if your problem goes away.

8. defmaybe

defmaybe Newbie

Reputations:
  9. Brian-Mc

Brian-Mc Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok.... I have finally read through this post... I have been sitting at the hospital with my newborn baby girl. We go home tomorrow. I upgraded to a gig of memory and vista seems to run alittle faster. But having problems with software is making the XP move very nice looking. I have downloaded several items but not sure that I have all of them. Has anyone put a list of all drivers that are needed or atleast a list of all the drivers that have been proven to work with the installed devices? If so... can anyone direct it to me. feel free to email me any thing or comments or suggestions to b_mcfarland at hotmail dot com.
    Thanks everyone who has put effort into this work of art.

Brian

10. hot-tub

hot-tub Newbie

Reputations:
    oh dear, Toshiba just released the newest version of this nightmare....the A135-2386. Exact same set-up, with the exception of the processors running at 1.73Ghz instead of the 1.6. I have a feeling we'll be seeing people that bought that machine on this forum any day now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.