Top Gear

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Vedya, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah, I did see that one. And yes, they did pretty good considering. Either way though, Jeremy doesn't much like the diesels so they don't do very many reviews or anything on them. Although he did use a diesel for the race to get the best mileage, and it did by far the best. He claimed he could have gotten 1k miles off of one tank(I think, might have been kilos.. :S )

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, the first season of "New Top Gear" with Jason Dawe was a bit awkward, he just didn't seem to make the same connection that Jeremy and Richard had :) That said, I liked Jeremy's review of the 1st Gen. Citroen Berlingo compact minivan, esp. where he described exactly what made a car good on TG, even one that people would think would be called crap, like the Berlingo- Character.

Another interesting thing, speaking of the Berlingo, it's also pretty cool to see all the cars we don't get in the States! :p

3. TevashSzat

TevashSzat Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Great show. I only got into it from the 11th season onwards and I must say....that Vietnam motorbike challenge was amazing.

I've managed to get the first 10 seasons though and am watching through them slowly....middle of the 2nd season right now. I must agree, the first season seemed really dull without James May, but the 2nd one is alot better.

4. Vedya

Vedya There Is No Substitute...

Reputations:
    In the US when does top gear show on TV? I generally watch it online...

5. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's on BBC America. Usually that channel's on Digital Cable, Satellite TV, or Fiber Optic TV service. http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/266/index.jsp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.