Tongfang Models 2021

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by BrightSmith, Jan 21, 2021.

1. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Difference between AMD and Intel variant of XMG Neo / Mech15 G3

Devonian likes this.
  2. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    @B0B reviewed the Mech 15 G3 (XMG Neo 15)

Debicat likes this.
  3. jeevan thapa

jeevan thapa Newbie

Reputations:
    I am reaching out to you today regarding the technical issues that I've been facing since reinstalling windows-10 into my laptop. (The window 10 software downloaded from the Microsoft website and used up my USB stick to install the IOS image into window 10). After the windows 10 installation, the GPU 0 (intel R UHD Graphics 630) goes from 0% to 100% and stays for about 1-2 seconds, then goes down. after just moving mouse around or openning any sort of application it does that again. When it spikes, my laptop froze, and I encounter an fps drop. The "spiking" process repeats while my GPU 1 dedicated invidia graphics card 1660TI does nothing (0 utilization). [/b]
    i didn't not had any issues before installing the windows 10. everything was working fine.
    Troubleshoot steps were undertaken;
    Step 1: Clean installation of Nvidia's graphics card driver and folders using graphics card driver cleaning software.
    Step 2: Letting window 10 find the drivers within the window updates.
    Step 3: Downloaded the driver from the laptop manufacturer websites and uninstalled the drivers from the laptop, restarted while the wifi was disabled, lastly I installed the manufacturer offered driver without the wifi.
    Step 4: Downloaded the benchmark software to stress-test to check for power utilization into CPU, GPU 0-1, and RAM

Laptop info: TongFang
    Model: GK5CP6Z
    this is what i have got in my laptop:
    Chassis & Display Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen(1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® CoreTM i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
    Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
    1st Storage Drive NOT REQUIRED
    1st M.2 SSD Drive 512GB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
    Memory Card Reader Integrated 2 in 1 Memory Card Reader (SD, MMC)
    ETC
    if anyone has any suggestion or help please replay me back.
    Kind request
    many thanks

ATTACHMENTS
    • gpu0.PNG

jet0274 · Feb 28, 2021 at 1:50 PM

" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(55, 180, 143); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; border-radius: 0px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 188px; height: 188px; cursor: pointer;">[​IMG]
      gpu0.PNG
      108 KB · Views: 6

4. Mert Düver

Mert Düver Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone.
    Can someone send me to the control center software of tongfang gm7mg0r (i7-10750h and 3060 one) please.
    mail:mmert1505@gmail.com

I have the monster version Monster tulpar t7 v20.3 and my control center is not working well first of all monster has removed the voltage option page i have only fan speed and profiles. Secondly it freezes really often and u have to reboot your computer to use the app again its sucks.. Bad app.
    I looked for the xmg and elecktronics websites but elecktronics doesnt have the intel version (although i try to use the amd ones control center and it actually worked Fine but i never had a courage to try the voltage page so i dont know it would work too.) and xmg doesnt have the drivers and softwares on their website yet.

5. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    You could also use Throttlestop for cpu and Afterburner for gpu undervolt.

Have you tried XMG's 'old' control center for the rtx 2060?

6. BrightSmith

Reputations:
  7. BrightSmith

Reputations:
  8. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Still sounds like you're ahead of the game or it's close with a comparison against 11th gen Intel stuff. This makes it easier to buy in if like me you were waiting to see what Intel brought. So... Who has purchased a Prometheus with the 5800 and 3080 and how are you liking it? :)

9. krabman

krabman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well since none of you did it and I couldn't live vicariously through you, I bought my own. Report later, sounds like it's going to be a few weeks.

Devonian and BrightSmith like this.
  10. BrightSmith

Reputations:
    Which one? My reseller is seducing me with a relatively cheap Intel based GM7MG7P.

Edit: nevermind, saw in the other thread you went for the Prometheus with 3080, awesome. Make sure you create an owner's thread to share your experiences or post them at least in this thread.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:31 AM