Tongfang Models 2021

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by BrightSmith, Jan 21, 2021.

1. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Its a nice machine, although I feel like the repair and support situation would be better if it were purchased through Eluktronics once they refresh their MAX-17 with 11th Gen Intel CPUs.

The build quality is definitely excellent on this Tongfang chassis having seen it in the store, and the 11800H + RTX 3070 sounds like a better value at $2000. It is a shame the stock ram has tRFC 880 timings, otherwise looks quite nice for what is included.

It appears that these only have Modern Standby enabled instead of S3 Standby. Hibernation is still always an option but it would be nice to see S3 support enabled if possible.

Being able to set PL1 to 120W is pretty crazy and allows it to perform better than most other 11th Gen options in a CPU-only load. Even better if it is using liquid metal which the heatsink built for use with by Tongfang. I am not sure if the Vector Pro uses liquid metal but Eluktronics should ship it that way or at least have it as an option.

jlp0209 likes this.
  2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Edit: So no Tongfang laptops support USB-C charging. Does anyone know what barrel plug these use so I can get something like this?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021 at 9:39 PM