TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's a pretty dam good stock score of Gtx 1060! Top 5% since usually low 12000's is max- https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobil...060-Laptop-Benchmarks-and-Specs.169547.0.html

But yeh remember this firemark of 1660 ti with a15590 graphics score was stock with no UV, however it was with TurboBoost, so seemingly using the extra 10 watts (need a program to calculate wattage used of gpu since i dont see it on gpu-z, nor aida64extreme, nor cpuid hwmonitor..)- https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/35936774?

Here is a stock score with the normal gaming mode, so just 80 watts on the 1660 ti. Nearly exact same cpu score (1 point difference), but down to 14780. Cpu max low 70's, and gpu never got out of the high 50's which is pretty amazing - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/35943397? [​IMG] That is just 100 points off the stock score of 14883 that Nvidia officially touted when it announced 1660 ti coming to laptops. So one gets over a 5.4% increase by activating the TurboBoost increased wattage on the Gpu, and there is literally no cost or downside that i can find. Fans are the same adaptive mode as Gaming, so will scale based on temps, and if they are reasonable it will stay near silent. And its literally just a button away to get the over 5% performance boost for Free. I'd imagine its possible though that the gap will increase if one is overclocking/undervolting, with the 90 watt boost allowing it to get more out of it.

Based on my first impressions with TurboBoost, id say that the graphic card that gets the most benefit out of it should easily be the Rtx 2060. Going from the base of 80 watts (a pathetic 50% of its desktop reference 160 watts) all the way up to 115 watts with TurboBoost (a much more reasonable near 72%) will drastically increase its performance.

And no i havent touched soundblaster yet, was worried about all the driver issues with it i had read about, and didnt want to/expect to need to touch it, but seemingly the Bios update for the improved speakers isn't out yet, so may have no choice. I did catch some of those posts discussing software tweaks, but that was like weeks ago when this laptop was not a top option for me, so didnt exactly internalize them.

Few more minor things to watch out for with the laptop-
    1) I like the big mouse trackpad, but its really easy to get a hand caught on it while typing, which can lead to the mouse wobbling all over the place. On the plus side one can easily turn off the mouse by double tapping the top left of it, but that isnt exactly ideal if typing. Still maybe over time it will be easier to get a hand placement that does not interfere much with the trackpad.

2) Build quality is pretty dam good and its sturdy, and even feels a bit sleek and dare i say sexy. That being said the left and right front corners of the thing are pretty deadly sharp and pointy. I'd be wary about having them knock into a vulnerable spot, since it will really hurt...

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. Eluktronics

Eluktronics Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thanks for the input so far. In regards to the audio, the BIOS on any 9th gen equipped system already has the updated tweeks to the speakers. You will need to finish it off with the Sound Blaster software. We can not pre-install the Sound Blaster software because it's an appxbundle that the consumer must download and install upon receipt. The system is already licensed for the Sound Blaster so there will not be any issue there.

3. SlickDragon

Reputations:
    Ok that is a very helpful answer, as usual.
    A bit disconcerting that this IS the bios improved version, but maybe i just need the soundblaster to get it where they need to be, and then it won't be an issue. When i installed windows i saw something about realtek being installed, and assumed that was the drivers for the sound. What you are saying is actually encouraging. So all i have to do is install the Sound Blaster software? Can i get a link to exactly what i should install? There are plenty of people that could use the mini tutorial on how to improve the speakers. Ideally at some point there would be a good youtube video showing the before and after and steps to take to get it the best it can be.

I assume its not this RealTek Audio under the driver page- https://www.eluktronics.com/mech-15-g2r-mech-17-g1r-2070-drivers/ ?

4. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for Bob to launch the reviews of the Electrolux devices to order a Tongfang.
    I don't know yet if I will order a RTX2060 or 2070. Cooling wise, the RTX2060 uses a lot less power and should be a tad more quiet, I was very happy with the RTX2070mq performance on the clevo, so I don't need more power at all.
    Is there any change we can use the Electrolux bios on other resellers devices? Not for the boost of GPU but for the sound, or is that coming to all devices anyway?

It's such a bummer that importing from overseas is so expensive. I would like to order from such a customer oriented company.

TrogloLite likes this.
  5. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Some vendors are willing to giving out their BIOS but some don't due to proprietary hardware or they don't want to be responsible for possible bricking. In terms of sound, I think someone could make a custom driver to address this issue.

6. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If anyone needs the link to force Sound Blaster Connect/5 to show up: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N66RLJRT8Z2

Sometimes, SB5 will not have an option to start on start up, you'll have to manually add it to the start up list. Just hit Win+E and use this address %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

There are ways to stack sound enhancers with each other without licenses but it's not a really good solution and might have increased CPU usage.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. Steerty

Steerty Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I've been looking for a new laptop and this model is very interesting.
    I've read somewhere that in the 9750h model the 2.5inch HDD is replaced by a bigger battery, can someone confirm this?
    Are there any other physical changes?

8. Bauble

Bauble Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There are 2 battery options for this chassis. A 42Whr battery that leaves space for a 2.5inch HDD, and a larger 64Whr battery which extends into the place of the 2.5 HDD bay.

The default in the Walmart OP's was the smaller battery, but the default in the Eluktronics Mech-17 is the larger battery.

In both cases, there is an open m.2 slot so that you can still expand the storage.

Steerty and SlickDragon like this.
  9. monroe1

monroe1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  10. SlickDragon

Reputations:
    Ok downloaded Soundblaster, and fiddled with the settings to try to make the speakers louder and better. Seems to have improved them by maybe 10%- 15% or so, so from mediocre status to pretty solid i guess. Also seemed to stick with restarts without having to fiddle with anything. Appreciate the link bro, repped

While gaming on Dolphin emulator using TurboBoost and FanBoost, with Hwinfo64 to monitor, i noticed that the 1660ti Gpu wasn't pulling over 80-82 watts, generally 10 watts off from the 90 watts it is supposed to reach... This was with a whopping +200 core and +1000 memory overclock via afterburner. To ensure i would bottleneck the Gpu i used 8x Resolution or 5k, as well as 8x SSAA, and the gpu load was at constant 100% load and frame rates were in the dust (as they should be with absolute max graphic settings that are unneeded). Yet it still didn't pull the alleged 90 watts from EluktroBoost. This was with Gpu temps in the low 60's at max, so was clearly Power Limit throttled at 80watts. Maybe somehow I'm doing something wrong, but i don't think so - [​IMG]

With an Aida64 stress of Gpu and Cpu for 5 minutes, with the huge +200 core and +1000 memory overlock, the gpu never reached 70 degrees which is great, but once again it only was at 80 watts - [​IMG]

Of note is that with heavy combined Load of Cpu and Gpu, even with TurboBoost the Cpu power limit throttled down to 55 watts and ultimately 50 watts (which is atleast above 45 watts that most other laptops are limited to under combined load), causing the core clocks of 4 ghz on all cores to go down to as low as 3.5ghz. This is with a well above average stable undervolt of -130mv. Temps were great with the cpu though (even with over 10++ minute stress tests) at max mid 80's on a couple cores, with rest only in low 80's at max

Last edited: May 9, 2019