TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep, everywhere I've looked has the 8750 + 2070 out of stock. On the bright side here in the UK, it'd be cheaper to get the 9750 + 2070 than the 8750 :)

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  2. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Anyone got the new 2080 MaxQ variant?

3. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think there is a reason why Eluktronics is not selling it... Maybe they had one and found out the RTX 2070 w/EluktroBoost just beats the RTX 2080 MAX-Q. Who knows, I don't think CyberPowerPC is sending review units to any reviewers for the RTX 2080 model.

Side note: Still waiting for a company willing to sell keycaps for our TF laptops (most of them are only for customers rn needing replacements) or just provide the 3D models of keycaps.
    If anyone knows how to get 3D files extracted from this site, http://bto.mechrevo.com/customize
    Might allow us something 3D-wise to use.

Installed64 likes this.
  4. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Have my new Eluktronics Mech 17g1rx, with 9750h and 1660ti. Pretty great so far, only issue is speakers are pretty bleh at best.. Wonder if i need to install the new bios for them, or if it is even OUT yet. Either way so far its the only issue, keyboard is great, colors are dope, cool as can be (will have to do temp tests when i have more time, but MasterGel upgrade was worth it forsure).

Edit- Also no idea what model number i am under the Bios updates on Eluktronics website. None of those models are visible anywhere in system info, the underside of the laptop, nor the manual
    Edit 2- Dont believe there is any Bios updates for my model. My guess is there is NO bios besides the stock one released yet. Presumably the alleged speaker improvement Bios has yet to arrive.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    TrogloLite, Installed64 and Riktar like this.
  5. TheUberMedic

Reputations:
    Hold up. Imagine the RTX 2080 Max Q WITH the ElukBoost.

6. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A low wattage chip with high wattage? i.e. RTX 2080 max-p

I would pit Eluktronics’ 2070 against Cyberpower’s 2080 max-q. The 2080 will run slightly cooler I think, but performance will be similar.

SlickDragon likes this.
  7. monroe1

monroe1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Shame there is no 2080MQ and 2070 performance comparison

8. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been playing with RTX development. Also good way to test the 1060 gtx version:

I'll have an executable if anyone is interested. Also any requests on a good rtx test map.

edit: More progress
    [​IMG]

TrogloLite likes this.
  9. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Laptop has been pretty solid so far, keyboard takes a bit getting used to if you never used a Mechanical Keyboard, but has a lot of potential. Weight and size are really quite compact considering the cooling potential. Speaking of cooling, multiple Aida 64 stress tests went quite well with a moderate undervolt of .113 to Cpu Core and Cache (haven't pushed it to its limit yet), and no Gpu undervolt (yet).

Here is with Turbo mode with Fan Boost enabled (not even that loud and obnoxious, but generally unneeded and the laptop is really noise friendly. Besides for stress tests, had not even HEARD the fans all day using it with web browser, videos etc), 5+ minute stress test after stress test, this one with Aida 64 Gpu + Cpu.
    [​IMG]

i7 9750h Cpu maintained constant 3.99ghz on all cores (4ghz), but finally noticed a dip down to 3.8ghz for a second. Temps were generally in the 80's, briefly breached 90 on a couple cores as max. The 1660ti Gpu at 1875 mhz + (no Oc/Uv) never got more than 71, and was generally in the high 60's.

Besides for the speakers which are underwhelming at best (really need that alleged Bios update for the speakers..), it has been a banging laptop so far for $1275 with the newegg deal +Master Gel thermal upgrade.

Edit- First Firestrike benchmark ive done, turbo mode used , -113uv on cpu, STOCK gpu[​IMG]

A few cinebench runs back to back, all in high 126x range, with -.113 Uv, temps never got outa low 60 range, screenshot was as soon as it finished but it immediately dropped down to 40's.[​IMG]

Arondel, Bauble, Installed64 and 3 others like this.
  10. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Firestrike score is a significant jump over my GTX 1060!

16601 vs. 16919 physics score
    12215 vs. 15590 graphics score

Not bad at all.

There are some audio tweaks you can make with the Soundblaster software, have you done that yet? (Search this thread)

SlickDragon likes this.