TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. TrogloLite

TrogloLite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Haha - now that it comes up as a title link, or linked title, I'm able to get back to that particular configurator page!!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is a great configuration at a good price. I have been recommending for people to go with the 8750H+RTX 2070 for the same price instead though. You are going to get better gaming performance if that is important to you, the CPU is usually never a bottleneck in gaming (you want it that way). Even with the wattage boost of the RTX 2060 there is no way it will surpass the stock 2070. If the louder speaker and better CPU is important to you then go 9th gen.

https://www.eluktronics.com/MECH-17-G1R-CLEAR

TrogloLite likes this.
  3. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I thought that the speakers didn’t chamged and that the ‘better’ sound will come to the 8th gen CPU devices as well.

The CPU’s are almost the same, the new boost speeds will almost never be reached. Don’t expect much gain in games.

4. LamsonMusic

LamsonMusic Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I think eluktronics is trying to modify 8th gen cpu bios to correct the speaker issue. It didn't seem like they had a definite fix at the moment. I really hope they pull through with a fix though. It would fix my only gripe with this laptop.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  5. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's as a good deal as it gets tbh. The chassis has completely spoiled me and Eluktronics seem to be the most knowledgeable on it.
    The fact, it's the main chassis they're pushing shows that they're not messing around. I've had a few 8750h laptops, and this chassis is the only one that gets me 1300 score on Cinebench r15 and high scores in other benchmarks as well as really good performance in other games/programs.

I'm definitely aiming for this company on my next upgrade (RTX focused).

SlickDragon, Bauble and TrogloLite like this.
  6. TrogloLite

Reputations:
    Thanks, Installed64, for your response!
    My reasoning was influenced by the extra $200.- I'd be paying to go up to the 2070 - as I figured that the EBoost would cover some of that ground at no cost, while giving access (over the 1660ti) to future games/applications that will benefit from ray tracing or DLSS - though I'm aware that this card with current software, isn't going to fare well when pushed to utilize those capabilities!

I also read or saw somewhere, that there's some improved power management with the 9750h over its predecessor, even if its multi-core clocks don't change much!?

7. TrogloLite

Reputations:
    Looks like Bob of All Trades will be reviewing "two of Electrolux's finest" in a bit, according to his most recent YouTube post!

8. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am saying that the RTX 2070 is available right now with the 8750h for the same price as the RTX 2060 with 9750h ($1,599 with same specs). If you are going to be gaming on your device then the 2070 is a clear winner, even with a slightly inferior CPU (and it’s no slouch).

TrogloLite likes this.
  9. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    8750h in combo with RTX2070 is ondeed a better deal then 9750h with RTX2060 for gaming.

The CPU gain is much less then gain in GPU. In Europe it looks like you don’t have that option anymore.

TrogloLite likes this.
  10. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'll always put my money on a better GPU than a CPU. As it is I was barely making full use of the 7th gen i7 before so personally I went for GPU. If you were set on getting the 9th gen I'd personally wait to see how the temps hold up with the new configuration.