TONGFANG GK7CN6S / GK7CP0S / GK7CP7S

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Master Stewie

Master Stewie Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where can I get elektronics equipment.
    The price difference is not fair, and then I don't speak about the excellent customer service we are lacking.
    I realy don't get it why everything is so expensive in Europe (also not that I have to pay half of my income on tax and on top of that +21% VAT if you buy anything, but that is another discussion :p)

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  2. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just blackout the laptop with a skin, and skin the new one in the same way, as long as you don't see the logos, you won't see the difference. The space bar might be a give away that it's different.

3. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend a good privacy screen/filter for this model? (The 17 inch Tongfang)

4. ezradharma

Reputations:
  5. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The only think my wife noticed was the overpowered logo because it has two heads on it and thought it was weird xP

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Riktar and SlickDragon like this.
  6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I noticed that too and im not really sure how some reviewers are praising it... it's literally one of the ugliest logos, not sure how someone signed off on that. it also doesn't help that they actually engraved it in there so removing it and wrapping it still leaves the print.

7. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Eluktronics should have a buy back program for tongfang chassis :p (half joking)

8. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can disable that on the gaming center software. It's under EZ Switch "turn off OSD"

9. ezradharma

Reputations:
    If they can sell the motherboard, cooling solution, and PSU, I think that would be a better option.

10. TrogloLite

TrogloLite Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, more knowledgeable people!
    I'm considering this (below) configuration - any thoughts?
    I managed this setup by (can't remember exactly!) I think, clicking on one of Eluktronics' (sale!) deals which was editable - now if I try and recreate it on a new page, I'm unable to get the same for under about $1930.-

Part of my interest in this particular configuration is based on the EluktroBoost overclockability on the RTX 2060, the discounted 2yr warranty and the higher quality paste on this build, not to mention the positive reviews regarding full-load running temps, decent build quality and - yes, it's strange - the USB 2.0, which I was looking for for jailbreaking an older phone (Nokia 808 PureView).

MECH-17 G1RX SLIM & LIGHT LAPTOP (INTEL I7-9750H, NVIDIA 2060 RTX, 512GB PCIE SSD + 16GB RAM)

Intel Core i7-9750H (2.6-4.5GHz 12MB Cache)
    6GB GDDR6 NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 2060 [+$200] (Factory overclocks up to 115 Watts)
    YesEluktronics Stitched Edge Soft Surface Mousepad - Large [FREE]
    Eluktronics Luminosa Gaming Mouse with 3389 Sensor [FREE] ($69.95 Value! Limited time offer)
    Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra CPU & CM MasterGel Maker GPU Thermal Compound Upgrade [$+35]
    2 Year Eluktronics Warranty [+$99] ($150 Value! Limited time offer
    Unit price: $1,733.95

Last edited: May 4, 2019